New Version Notifications Stopped After Restore to Previous Version

Author
Reflecting Mirror
Talented Member
Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Before I upgraded to the Home 7.3.5281 version, my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 2004 OS Build 19041.572 was running Macrium Reflect Home 7.2.5107 version.

I upgraded to Home 7.3.5281 and then started seeing BSOD posts on the Macrium forum which later forum posts pointed to the cause as the CBT which I do not have installed. I had already restored my system back to Reflect Home 7.2.5107 version using my full backup without Rapid Delta Restore.

Since the restore, I no longer receive notifications of newer versions released of 7.3.5281, 7.3.5283 and most recently 7.3.5289.

Today, 10.17.2020, I opened the Reflect Home GUI and was prompted for the update to 7.3.5289. I clicked cancel and I will report back if the notifications start working again since I opened the GUI.

Initially, I received a notification of the newer Home 7.3.5281 version while I was running on Home 7.2.5107 version before I performed the restore back to the older version.

Is there a bug in Home edition that causes missed notifications when a restore from any backup type (full, incr, diff, etc) occurs between versions as noted above?
Edited 17 October 2020 10:01 AM by Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Talented Member
Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)
I am still running the full backup restore version of Home 7.2.5107 version and I am not getting any notifications of the new version of Home Reflect as being available.

If I open the Reflect application, I will get the popup window for the latest version once per day. Subsequent opening the Reflect application on the same day does not prompt for the update when opening the application.

To be clear, the issue I am reporting is the missing Reflect notification that goes into the Windows notification center when the Reflect hourly check for updates occur and there is a new update.

Below is my update settings.

Edited 18 October 2020 8:58 PM by Reflecting Mirror
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Reflecting Mirror - 18 October 2020 8:30 PM
I am still running the full backup restore version of Home 7.2.5107 version and I am not getting any notifications of the new version of Home Reflect as being available.

If I open the Reflect application, I will get the popup window for the latest version once per day. Subsequent opening the Reflect application on the same day does not prompt for the update when opening the application.

To be clear, the issue I am reporting is the missing Reflect notification that goes into the Windows notification center when the Reflect hourly check for updates occur and there is a new update.

Below is my update settings.

Thanks for posting.

Please can you add '<INSTALL_FOLDER>\Macrium\Common\ReflectUI.exe' as an exception to any security/AV software you have installed on your system. This process can be compromised by AV software. Thanks, 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Talented Member
Hi Nick,

I would like to avoid tampering with Windows Defender which is my AV/Malware software. I do not have any third party AV/Malware software installed.

Also, I would like to see what happens now that my PC has been upgraded to 20H2.

I noticed that I am only prompted once for the upgrade when I open the application for the first time and click cancel to the offered new version. Does Reflect and the hourly notifications reset to alert after midnight or is it 24 hours after declining the prompt?

Thank you!
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)
Reflecting Mirror - 21 October 2020 9:06 PM
Hi Nick,

I would like to avoid tampering with Windows Defender which is my AV/Malware software. I do not have any third party AV/Malware software installed.

Also, I would like to see what happens now that my PC has been upgraded to 20H2.

I noticed that I am only prompted once for the upgrade when I open the application for the first time and click cancel to the offered new version. Does Reflect and the hourly notifications reset to alert after midnight or is it 24 hours after declining the prompt?

Thank you!

Do you have ZoneAlarm or any other firewall software installed

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Talented Member
No ZoneAlarm and no other firewall software.
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Reflecting Mirror - 21 October 2020 9:42 PM
No ZoneAlarm and no other firewall software.

Please open a support ticket:

https://www.macrium.com/support

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Talented Member
Ticket Id #75475
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search