Scheduled backups don't work after updating to latest version of Macrium Reflect

Author
dg9879
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I uninstalled Macrium Reflect and installed the latest version, asking to keep the same settings. My backup is set to run each morning. I have an image backup of my C drive, and two file backups that run daily. All use the provided son, father, grandfather method. Today when I checked all backups had error messages and I checked my backup drives and there were no backups for today. I tried to get them to run manually by right clicking and they wouldn't do that either. 

Please tell me how to resolve this.

I have the previous installation file, so I can go back to the previous version of Macrium Reflect. I can of course, also delete the backup jobs and recreate them if that works.
capair45
capair45
Expert
Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)
Can you post a screen shot of the error message(s)?

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5365
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.2.3

dg9879
dg9879
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)

dg9879
dg9879
It just says "error" under "last result" column instead of success.
capair45
capair45
Expert
Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)
I'm having trouble enlarging the screenshot you posted.  Clicking on it to expand takes me to a black screen where the image should be.  Closing out of that causes the screenshot to be eliminated from your post.

Try another screenshot using the snipping tool and make sure to include the error message.

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5365
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.2.3

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
dg9879 - 16 October 2020 10:36 PM

@dg9879 Thanks for posting. Please can you open a support ticket so we can investigate further.

https://www.macrium.com/support

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

dg9879
dg9879
Nick - 16 October 2020 11:55 PM

@dg9879 Thanks for posting. Please can you open a support ticket so we can investigate further.

Thanks for your response. I see Macrium has now brought out another update. It says in the release notes: "Scheduled VBScript files could fail with error code 0xC1 instead of running. This has been resolved." I will update and see if this solves the problem. If the problem persists then I will issue the support ticket.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
Your screenshot doesn’t indicate that you’re using VBS files to run any of your backups. You appear to be running the definition files directly, so I would be surprised if that fix applied to you.
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
dg9879 - 17 October 2020 6:30 AM
Nick - 16 October 2020 11:55 PM

Thanks for your response. I see Macrium has now brought out another update. It says in the release notes: "Scheduled VBScript files could fail with error code 0xC1 instead of running. This has been resolved." I will update and see if this solves the problem. If the problem persists then I will issue the support ticket.

I can see from the screen shot that the error is: 0x02

This translates to "The XML definition file had errors or could not be loaded"
https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW72/How+to+check+the+status+of+scheduled+backups

Could you right click on the backup defs in the 'Backup Definition Files' tab and select 'Validate'? Also, take the 'Edit' option to ensure that the definitions load correctly. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search