SQL backup fails due to Image Guardian

Author
Dano
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello!

I was unable to find a forum for servers so I'm assuming this is where this should go. If not please move it to where appropriate!

On a Server 2012 R2 running Macrium Reflect Server Plus version 7.3.5283.

Repositories are on a USB drive with shares on the network. This is the same physical server but managed by a different VM which is also running the Site Manager (v7.3.5240) with Image Guardian enabled.

The Exchange server (another VM) backups run fine and the main server backups run fine. Backups on workstations also run fine.

However SQL backups on the SQL server fail (disk backup on the same VM runs fine) with the error:
ERROR: One or more errors have been encountered.
Error saving file: Macrium Image Guardian Protected Volume

The Image Guardian screen states "Only Macrium Reflect v7.1 and later products and tools are granted acess to write to .mrimg, .mrbak, .mrsql and .mrex files." however this does not seem to be the case...

I'll disable Image Guardian for now but it would be nice to be able to use it...

Thanks!

Dan

Dano
Dano
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Guess I'm unable to edit my original post...

I just realized that it did allow ONE of the database backups but that the remaining ones were blocked.

Thanks!

Dan
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dano - 16 October 2020 6:47 PM

I just realized that it did allow ONE of the database backups but that the remaining ones were blocked.

Thanks!

Dan

Hi Dan, that's totally unexpected, could you please open a support ticket so we can delve deeper into your problem.

Dano - 16 October 2020 6:47 PM

Thanks!

Dan

https://www.macrium.com/support

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic