After switching backup to Macrium Task Scheduler, 9:45 AM task starts at 9:50 AM.

After switching backup to Macrium Task Scheduler, 9:45 AM task starts...
Author
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
dbminter - 17 October 2020 2:53 PM
There's something else that may be buggy.with MTS tasks.  When they execute, there's no dialog asking to delay or execute the task.  There was normally a dialog with a countdown for 20 seconds that appears.  However, that may simply be a feature that was removed.

Another 5 minute delay on today's task.  I'm opening a support ticket on this.

Hi

First check to make sure that the backup start dialog isn't disabled:

Other Tasks > Edit Defaults > Advanced > Advanced Backup Options:

Could you post a screen shot showing 'Schedule' and the 'Last Run Time' in the scheduled backup tab with the time discrepancy:

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

Edited 17 October 2020 3:20 PM by Nick
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
@Nick 

I will get that info you requested later.  A backup is running now and I see there's a new update to Reflect.  I'll update, get that info, and let tomorrow's backup run before supporting a support ticket if requested.

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)
@Nick

I just checked the Advanced options and yes, the display backup notification delay for 20 seconds is still enabled.

I believe someone else posted somewhere else on the forum they encountered this same missing dialog.

Here's that screenshot you asked for.

Hm, this is interesting.  This may be a bug.  With the Reflect main interface open, Print Screen key does NOT work.  When Reflect main interface is closed, Print Screen key resumes working.  I will have to restart the PC after updating and see if it's maybe some kind of memory issue or a possible repeatable bug in the Reflect software.

I'll just type in the pertinent information from the tab. 

Schedule: At 9:45 AM every X.  (Current schedules are for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, all at 9:45 AM, all executing at 9:50 AM)
(For today, Saturday 10-17-2020) Next time run: 10/24/2020 9:45 AM
Last time run: 10/17/2020 9:45 AM
Last result: 0x00 Successful
User account: SYSTEM

EDIT: I updated Reflect to 7.3.5289 and restarted my PC.  The Print Screen key STILL does NOT work for me when the Reflect main interface is opened.  It DOES work when the Reflect main interface is closed.

Edited 17 October 2020 5:18 PM by dbminter
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
Use the Snipping Tool if Print Screen doesn’t work — or even if it does since it’s much better. It gives you a variety of framing options: drawn rectangle, freehand selection area, app window, or full screen. It’s existed since Win7. Smile
Edited 17 October 2020 6:23 PM by jphughan
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)
dbminter - 17 October 2020 5:02 PM
@Nick

I just checked the Advanced options and yes, the display backup notification delay for 20 seconds is still enabled.

I believe someone else posted somewhere else on the forum they encountered this same missing dialog.

Here's that screenshot you asked for.

Hm, this is interesting.  This may be a bug.  With the Reflect main interface open, Print Screen key does NOT work.  When Reflect main interface is closed, Print Screen key resumes working.  I will have to restart the PC after updating and see if it's maybe some kind of memory issue or a possible repeatable bug in the Reflect software.

I'll just type in the pertinent information from the tab. 

Schedule: At 9:45 AM every X.  (Current schedules are for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, all at 9:45 AM, all executing at 9:50 AM)
(For today, Saturday 10-17-2020) Next time run: 10/24/2020 9:45 AM
Last time run: 10/17/2020 9:45 AM
Last result: 0x00 Successful
User account: SYSTEM

EDIT: I updated Reflect to 7.3.5289 and restarted my PC.  The Print Screen key STILL does NOT work for me when the Reflect main interface is opened.  It DOES work when the Reflect main interface is closed.

For Windows 10 use - Windows Key + Shift + S

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
Thanks for that tip!  I only ever used Print Screen in conjunction with the Snipping Tool, even the tool by itself.  I also didn't know it existed THAT far back.

@Nick

Here's that snip you requested:

EDIT: It say the last run time was 9:45 AM and it may have started at 9:45, but never actually starts the backup until 9:50.  I watched it interactively this morning and the backup didn't start appearing in the Notification area until 9:50.

Edited 17 October 2020 6:29 PM by dbminter
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
dbminter - 17 October 2020 6:28 PM
Thanks for that tip!  I only ever used Print Screen in conjunction with the Snipping Tool, even the tool by itself.  I also didn't know it existed THAT far back.

@Nick

Here's that snip you requested:

Thanks for the screen shot. It confirms the scheduled task ran on time.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
@Nick

Yes, I noticed that, too.  It "starts" at 9:45 AM but the backup doesn't actually execute until 9:50.

Edited 17 October 2020 6:31 PM by dbminter
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
dbminter - 17 October 2020 6:30 PM
Yes, I noticed that, too.  It "starts" at 9:45 AM but the backup doesn't actually execute until 9:50.

Can you show the log?

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
I guess you mean today's backup log?  It shows where it was executed at 9:50 AM.

Image ID - 42F9DD9F2363C5CB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imaging Summary
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Backup Definition File: 7 - saturday backup.xml
Auto Verify: Y
Maximum File Size: 4.00 GB
Compression: High
Password: Y
AES Encryption: None
Intelligent Copy: Y
Power Saving: N
Email On Success: N
Email On Warning: N
Email On Failure: N
Total Selected: 140.39 GB
Comment: Saturday daily backups.
Current Time: 10/17/2020 9:50:03 AM

Retention Rules
Rules will be applied to all backup sets in the destination folder

Full: Retain full images for 1 Days
Linked incremental and differential images will also be deleted

Backup Sets: 1 sets found

Destination:
Backup Type: Full
File Name: 7 - Saturday-00-00.mrimg
Operation 1 of 2
Hard Disk: 2
Drive Letter: C
File System: NTFS
CBT: Y
Label: Windows 10 2004
Size: 221.43 GB
Free: 92.30 GB
Used: 129.14 GB

Operation 2 of 2
Hard Disk: 3
Drive Letter: F
File System: NTFS
CBT: Y
Label: My Stuff
Size: 100.48 GB
Free: 89.23 GB
Used: 11.26 GB

Starting Image - Saturday, October 17, 2020 09:50:05
Initializing
Write Method: Using Direct Disk I/O
Destination Drive: Backups (J: ) - Free Space 1.92 TB
Free space threshold: Delete oldest backup sets when free space is less than 1024.0 MB

Creating Volume Snapshot - Please Wait

Volume Snapshots Created
Analyzing file system on volume C:
Analyzing file system on volume F:

Saving Partition - Windows 10 2004 (C: )
Reading File System Bitmap
Saving Partition
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-00.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...

New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-00.mrimg
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-01.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...
New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-01.mrimg
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-02.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...
New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-02.mrimg
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-03.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...
New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-03.mrimg
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-04.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...
New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-04.mrimg
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-05.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...
New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-05.mrimg
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-06.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...
New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-06.mrimg
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-07.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...
New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-07.mrimg
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-08.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...
New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-08.mrimg
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-09.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...
New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-09.mrimg
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-10.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...
New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-10.mrimg
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-11.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...
New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-11.mrimg

Saving Partition - My Stuff (F: )
Reading File System Bitmap
Saving Partition
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-12.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...
New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-12.mrimg

Saving Index
New File: 4 GB 7 - Saturday-00-13.mrimg
Verifying '7 - Saturday-00-13.mrimg'
Ok. Continuing...

I/O Performance: Read 1.9 Gb/s - Write 1.0 Gb/s

Image and Verification Completed Successfully in 00:23:54

Edited 17 October 2020 6:39 PM by dbminter
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search