Save As window for exporting schedules not showing all folders in Documents

Author
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just a small issue I've noticed when trying to save .sch files as exports from the Scheduled Backups tab in v7.3.5283.

If I right click on a schedule and choose export to file and click on Documents under the Quick Access section of the resulting Save As dialog box only 5 folders in my default documents special folder are shown.  There are actually about 30 sub folders in this location.  My Documents special folder isn't at the default location on the C: drive, I moved it long ago to a data drive (E:\Documents\).  The default Reflect data folder is located here, at E:\Documents\Reflect and this \Reflect subfolder does not show up in the Save As dialog box referenced herein.

However if, in the Save As dialog box, I navigate to the Documents folder by clicking on This PC, then the E: drive, then the Documents folder it properly shows all subfolders in the Documents folder, to include E:\Documents\Reflect.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Well you could just run as the admin user and possibly raise UAC to prompt for all elevated tasks rather than only promoting for non-Windows binaries. If a piece of malware has a privilege escalation exploit in its toolkit, then that would probably work even from a standard user account anyway, so running as admin doesn’t seem like as much of a risk to me anymore, at least not with UAC configured equivalently to what a standard user would experience. And then you’re not running the elevated process under a different account.

There actually IS some sort of API to grant elevated privileges to an account. Reflect leverages it, which is why an admin user can use Reflect to browse the System Volume Information folder, for example, which is normally locked down even from admins. But Reflect leverages some Windows capability to grant SYSTEM privileges to that account within Reflect. Don’t know of a way to do that outside of an application though, and as you say, even if that were possible, UAC works the way it works.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search