Macrium Reflect v8

Author
Keith Weisshar
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (350 reputation)Proficient Member (350 reputation)Proficient Member (350 reputation)Proficient Member (350 reputation)Proficient Member (350 reputation)Proficient Member (350 reputation)Proficient Member (350 reputation)Proficient Member (350 reputation)Proficient Member (350 reputation)Proficient Member (350 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Macrium Reflect v7.3 was released today with a new internal task scheduler replacing Windows default task scheduler.  When will Macrium Reflect v8 be released for other new features?
capair45
capair45
Expert
Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)
Keith Weisshar - 14 October 2020 7:09 PM
Macrium Reflect v7.3 was released today with a new internal task scheduler replacing Windows default task scheduler.  When will Macrium Reflect v8 be released for other new features?

It's my understanding there is no predictability as to when a new version is released.  I would have thought the new task scheduler would have been incorporated into a Version 8 release.  Lots of software companies do annual releases, sometimes with very little new features.  Macrium seems happy to continue with a version for longer periods of time issuing version updates along the way.  Just a guess but I think Version 7 has been around for over 3 years.

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5321
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.2.3

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
V7 launched in February 2017
Humpty_Numpty
Humpty_Numpty
Talented Member
Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)
What features do posters think are missing from V7 which could be incorporated in V8 to make a purchased upgrade worthwhile?  

With the excellent help and advice from people on this forum V7 seems to tick all the boxes for me.  

If I could have accessed the forums without a purchase I think I could have managed very well with the free version (just substitute differential for incremental)  I'm very pleased with my purchase and hopefully I won't have to do a complete fresh install of Windows 10 and all supporting programmes in the future.

Butt Spell Chequers Two Khan Make Awe Full Miss Steaks
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
^ I asked myself that when I was using V6, but then V7 introduced things like viBoot and Image Guardian, neither of which I would have thought of on my own but both of which I’ve found useful. At the moment my main wishes are smaller things in my “Aggregated quick wins” thread in the Wish List section, but none of those would justify a major version change. On that front, my only ideas are opportunistic backups and an “Easy Mode” backup routine, both of which I described in their own Wish List threads — but neither of which I personally need. Apart from that, I don’t have any major new feature ideas, although there is of course some danger down that path in that one would hope Reflect doesn’t become too bloated by features that were added for the sake of adding features.
Humpty_Numpty
Humpty_Numpty
Talented Member
Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)Talented Member (186 reputation)
jphughan - 16 October 2020 1:20 PM
^ I asked myself that when I was using V6, but then V7 introduced things like viBoot and Image Guardian, neither of which I would have thought of on my own but both of which I’ve found useful. At the moment my main wishes are smaller things in my “Aggregated quick wins” thread in the Wish List section, but none of those would justify a major version change. On that front, my only ideas are opportunistic backups and an “Easy Mode” backup routine, both of which I described in their own Wish List threads — but neither of which I personally need. Apart from that, I don’t have any major new feature ideas, although there is of course some danger down that path in that one would hope Reflect doesn’t become too bloated by features that were added for the sake of adding features.

Yes, I wouldn't like to think MR became bloated.  As it stands, I'd say it's NOT, from the very beginning, that easy to launch the programme, look at the interface and know where to start but all the help on this forum has certainly made up for that.  

Butt Spell Chequers Two Khan Make Awe Full Miss Steaks
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search