Reflect Task Scheduler is Here!

Author
donald24
New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
jphughan - 15 October 2020 8:03 PM
donald24 - 15 October 2020 6:55 PM
My findings of today:
That GUI-error above only happens on "German"-language in Reflect, so it has no relevance to the problem.

VBscript files still all error out manually triggered and scheduled, if run from the "scheduled backups"-tab, if using the new scheduler.

This is something like the fourth time that I've seen a Reflect issue reported that only affected German language installations.  As a technical person myself, I'm very curious to know what it is about German that seems to make it uniquely susceptible to strange bugs!  This always reminds of Mark Twain's amusing essay called "The Awful German Language", available here if you'd like a bit of fun.

The VBScript issue sounds like it might be a bug, but in the meantime if you want an example of how you could set up two PowerShell scripts to run one after the other, create PowerShell scripts for each of your backup jobs, selecting whatever options you need, and then create a file called "MyBackups.bat" with lines like this:
powershell.exe -executionpolicy bypass -noprofile -file "C:\Scripts\MyBackup1.ps1"
powershell.exe -executionpolicy bypass -noprofile -file "C:\Scripts\MyBackup2.ps1"

Then just run that BAT file as administrator.  (If you don't run as administrator, you'll see separate UAC prompts for each script, which will of course delay the start of the second job.)

I love every bit of fun and I enjoyed Mark Twain writings you gave me, with two glasses of wine. Deep insights of how people see and tackle the German language. 
Thank you a bunch for this!! But language and language history is a very complex thing. But if I recall that essay from Twain again - than I'd rather be a linguist than IT, struggering with problems I can't fix.

This is going to be a simple fix for Macrium to address this problem with VBS.

Keep it running!

Nico

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)
Yes, the German language translation of Reflect seems to be the victim of bugs that don't show up in other translations of the software.  I, too, would find it interesting to know what is it about the German builds that seem prone to bugs that don't show up in other translations.

donald24
donald24
New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)
Some good news: the scheduler fired up the tasks after DST-change now on-time - well done - Macrium team.
JH
JH
New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)
It's working well for me. A huge thankyou to the Macrium Reflect team, I no longer have to run my first of the month full data backup manually.

Well done and thankyou.

Regards,
John
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search