Needs to be able to write the backup to two or more locations for a single job

Needs to be able to write the backup to two or more locations for a...
Author
metalsum
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I don't like having to babysit the machine to back up twice, once to one drive and once again to another.  No reason it can't write to two or more locations at the same time.

capair45
capair45
Expert
Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)
metalsum - 14 October 2020 12:29 PM
I don't like having to babysit the machine to back up twice, once to one drive and once again to another.  No reason it can't write to two or more locations at the same time.

I don't believe Reflect can perform two imaging operations at the same time.  You should be able to schedule two backups, one with a start time a few minutes after the other.  Reflect will run the first and start the second one after the first one completes.

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5321
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.2.3

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
I can't speak to the truth of whether there's "no reason" Reflect couldn't write to two destinations simultaneously, but I can think of more than few potential complications there just off the top of my head that would at least make it non-trivial even if not impossible. But as capair45 said, if you tell Reflect to start a second job, it will queue it for running immediately after the active job completes.  This is easy if you use scheduling.  If you don't want to do that, you can use something like a simple batch file to send the appropriate commands to start each backup.

Edited 14 October 2020 2:02 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search