Macrium VB Script required to backup sequentially? Still fails after first backup

Macrium VB Script required to backup sequentially? Still fails after...
Author
tentholdman
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Windows 7 x64:

I created the required vbscript to sequentially backup multiple backup definition xml's, and it only ran the first definition line in the file.
I followed the directions here: http://kb.macrium.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50064.aspx to allow for multiple backups to be run sequentially
Once the VB script was launched, NO interface came up to show progress or status whatsoever. Just had to use the windows process viewer to know something was happening.
Once I saw (manually) that the backup file was indeed growing after the launch, I let it run over night to completion.
I awoke to only the first backup file being created. Why did the next 2 lines not work?
Why is the creation of a VB script required in the first place for such a simplistic operation? A "Run all backup files" styled option in the interface should have been included in all builds

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Presumably (as you are posting in this forum) you are running Reflect v6, but the KB article that you linked to is for Reflect v4!

Reflect v6 backup tasks are scheduled directly as explained in the Scheduling and Retention Rules section of the current user manual.  If two or more backup tasks are scheduled for the same time period, Reflect runs them sequentially.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 4 October 2015 2:56 PM by Arvy
Drac144
Drac144
Expert
Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)Expert (885 reputation)
There is a simple way to do this in Reflect.  Just schedule all the backups to run at the same time and let reflect deal with running them all - no VBScript editing needed. .  It will start the first backup request it receives and queue the others, running each in turn when the previous backup finishes. Without seeing your VBScript program I cannot determine why the other two backups did not run.  In the script in your link, nothing is done with the EXITCODE variable.  This is fine if there are no errors, but if there are problems, that EXITCODE needs to be examined and issues noted. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search