Low Resolution in WinRE Mode mysteriously fixed

Author
Danskeman
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I always had the low resolution bios bug on my Lenovo, which was sorted by the new advanced  WinRE option to enable legacy EFI screen support.

Today, ​I created a new WinRe Rescue drive but as I was checking it, I thought "Damn - I forgot to check legacy EFI screen support checkbox".

However, it booted into full screen resolution with no issues.

I double checked and I had not ticked check box, but recreated usb drive again - still fine in full resolution.

I also checked my last bios update and still same one from three years ago and no new one since.

The only conclusions I can make is if Reflect is now clever enough to automatically use legacy EFI mode, or if the WinRE files have been updated by MS.

No complaining of course, but certainly mystified as to why the low res screen issue has gone away.​​​​​​​​​​​
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)
My guess is if you deleted all the files on the Rescue media flash drive, if you're using that, and then created new Rescue media, it might "restore" your old resolution problem.  But, why would you want that?  Smile

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
WinRE changes as you update Win10 feature releases, so if you’ve been using the Legacy EFI option for a while now, maybe it got fixed in the meantime with a new WinRE kernel and you never had a reason to notice.
Danskeman
Danskeman
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)Proficient Member (230 reputation)
dbminter - 27 September 2020 1:47 PM
My guess is if you deleted all the files on the Rescue media flash drive, if you're using that, and then created new Rescue media, it might "restore" your old resolution problem.  But, why would you want that?  Smile

No it was a completely new USB drive​
Danskeman
Danskeman
Proficient Member
jphughan - 27 September 2020 2:00 PM
WinRE changes as you update Win10 feature releases, so if you’ve been using the Legacy EFI option for a while now, maybe it got fixed in the meantime with a new WinRE kernel and you never had a reason to notice.

That was one of my conclusions.​  Assuming this is not a Reflect change, then the new WinRE kernel seems to be the most liley answer, as my bios has not changed.

Still, good news as far as I am concerned!​​

"The only conclusions I can make is if Reflect is now clever enough to automatically use legacy EFI mode, or if the WinRE files have been updated by MS."​​
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search