Red Exclamation Mark on Log Icon

Author
capair45
Expert
Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I would like to see the red exclamation mark on the log icon removed.  Granted, I've been using Reflect for some time and realize it really has no significance but, even now, it quickly draws my attention.  I think to a new user it may signify something is wrong and the log should be checked.  Perhaps, the icon should only appear when there is something in the log that needs further examination.

Dave...

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5321
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.2.3

Edited 22 September 2020 1:21 PM by capair45
phred
phred
Talented Member
Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)
capair45 - 22 September 2020 1:04 PM
I would like to see the red exclamation mark on the log icon removed.  Granted, I've been using Reflect for some time and realize it really has no significance but, even now, it quickly draws my attention.  I think to a new user it may signify something is wrong and the log should be checked.  Perhaps, the icon should only appear when there is something in the log that needs further examination.

Dave...

+1

As a new user I have to agree with the OP. Seeing the red exclamation mark makes me there there is a log (or log entry) that needs my attention.

Edited 23 September 2020 12:49 PM by phred
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.3K reputation)
While it is a cosmetic change, I can see how someone who wouldn't be familiar with it might be prompted into thinking they need to check the log for new errors.  Maybe replace it with a magnifying glass icon?  Or just remove it and go with the book icon.  Smile

phred
phred
Talented Member
Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)Talented Member (111 reputation)
dbminter - 23 September 2020 1:56 AM
While it is a cosmetic change, I can see how someone who wouldn't be familiar with it might be prompted into thinking they need to check the log for new errors.  Maybe replace it with a magnifying glass icon?  Or just remove it and go with the book icon.  Smile

I think the magnifying glass icon could/would be misinterpreted as 'search.'  I think removing the bang and leaving the book would make it clearer.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search