How to get more info in email notifications

Author
Patrick O'Keefe
Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
For Warning and Failure completions of backup I send emails using an email definition with with "Attack log file" selected.  A summary HTML is attached but not the actual log file(s).  In the summary there is a red message "WARNING - Some Files Not Copied - Check the log for details".  Unfortunately I don't have easy access to 2 of my computers (which is why I send backup status emails).  I see the a .mredat file is created in the MR ProgData, and, while having a proprietary format of some sort, it does contain the offending file names in readable text.  Is there any way to get this included in the emails?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
You're referring to the "Files not copied" log that is created for File & Folder backups and shown in the Log tab within Reflect as a child item of the job log?  I don't know of a way to include that in emails, at least not without some scripting that might be a bit challenging to build reliably.  But I agree it would be useful.  Maybe something to post in the Wish List section of the forum.

Patrick O'Keefe
Patrick O'Keefe
Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)Junior Member (71 reputation)
Thanks.  I'll post a request in the Wish List section.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search