Scheduling a backup at shut down

Author
Stripe
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi All,

is it possible to start my Backup-Plan after i shut down my Computer?
Thanks in advance.
Greetings from Germany
Tom

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
You'd have to manually create a scheduled task within Task Scheduler with a trigger set to a system event ID, then go into the System log in Event Viewer to find the event ID for a shutdown having been requested.  But I'm not sure that will end up working.  Even if that causes the backup to fire, Windows might force close Reflect to complete that shutdown shortly after it launched, and even if it doesn't, the shutdown process might stop other services that Reflect relies on in order to perform a backup, which might cause the backup to fail.

Edited 15 September 2020 1:54 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search