Macrium saves the day again

Author
Stuart Tunstall
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Having had Macrium Refelct for about 3 years I never needed to restore from an image until a few weeks back when I upgraded to Windows 10 2004 and had issues... I restored my notebook back to v1909 and all was well again... bit of sweat and worry but it went great... 

So, on Sunday for some strange reason all sorts of things started to happen with my notebook, slow start and shut down, SFC running very, very slow, and a few other things, no idea why..

I knew it was OK Saturday so without hesitation and rather than mess about I just clicked a few buttons and restored to an image from Saturday AM... took all of 7 mins to do and now working perfect..

If you have issues and know when it was OK, i.e day before just do it, no messing, no stress of trying to find the issue for hours on end.. Smile

Stuart

capair45
capair45
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)
Stuart Tunstall - 15 September 2020 9:04 AM
Having had Macrium Refelct for about 3 years I never needed to restore from an image until a few weeks back when I upgraded to Windows 10 2004 and had issues... I restored my notebook back to v1909 and all was well again... bit of sweat and worry but it went great... 

So, on Sunday for some strange reason all sorts of things started to happen with my notebook, slow start and shut down, SFC running very, very slow, and a few other things, no idea why..

I knew it was OK Saturday so without hesitation and rather than mess about I just clicked a few buttons and restored to an image from Saturday AM... took all of 7 mins to do and now working perfect..

If you have issues and know when it was OK, i.e day before just do it, no messing, no stress of trying to find the issue for hours on end.. Smile

Stuart

The first restore is always the most worrisome (will it work?)  After that, the trust starts building.

Windows 10 Home (2004)
Macrium Reflect 7.2.5107
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.2

Rootman
Rootman
Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)Junior Member (97 reputation)
I have restored several of my machines quickly and always had them back to the same state in the matter of minutes. I've used MR at home for years.  I insisted that my company buy it for two rather hard to configure PCs and have used it on both of them to restore back to a previous state after disastrous updates and just a general hosing of the OS. 

It's worth it's weight in gold.  I have recommended it in many, many forums that I visit.  I can't believe people just run a computer without a backup.  Mine just take too long to recover from a clean install.  I've got too many settings and apps installed to do it all from scratch unless I absolutely have to.  
Stuart Tunstall
Stuart Tunstall
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)Proficient Member (207 reputation)
I agree, easy and quick to set back ups and easier to just restore 24 hours or so earlier than try to fix the issues 

I have no idea what went wrong between shutting down Saturday and starting up Sunday.. it took ages to start up and all sort of odd things were happening

Apart from a defender update nothing changed or nothing as far as I know... I use Kaspersky with Defender set as periodic scan...

For less than £50 it is fantastic, cost more in time to fix some stuff 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search