JPEG file size is 5Mb - too large to upload

Author
Nisko
Talented Member
Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
@jphughan

capair45 - 13 September 2020 2:09 PM

Yes, you are correct - my JPEG is 5Mb in size. Suppose I copy the information and put it in my post? As a last resort, I would have to wipe my drive again, then set up Macrium as if I were going to restore my Image. At that point, I would take a screenshot from within Macrium - but that would take me over a day to recover to where I am now. BTW, my new drive is exactly the same type (specification) as my old drive (SSDs). Thank you........
capair45
capair45
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)
Nisko - 13 September 2020 3:15 PM
@jphughan

Yes, you are correct - my JPEG is 5Mb in size. Suppose I copy the information and put it in my post? As a last resort, I would have to wipe my drive again, then set up Macrium as if I were going to restore my Image. At that point, I would take a screenshot from within Macrium - but that would take me over a day to recover to where I am now. BTW, my new drive is exactly the same type (specification) as my old drive (SSDs). Thank you........

You seem to have started a new thread with this message when it actually should be posted as a reply within the thread you already started here:  https://forum.macrium.com/39715/Hopefully-we-can-resolve-this.  You can copy and paste it in the correct thread.

Windows 10 Home (2004)
Macrium Reflect 7.2.5107
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.2

Nisko
Nisko
Talented Member
Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)Talented Member (162 reputation)
capair45 - 13 September 2020 3:21 PM
Nisko - 13 September 2020 3:15 PM
@jphughan

You seem to have started a new thread with this message when it actually should be posted as a reply within the thread you already started here:  https://forum.macrium.com/39715/Hopefully-we-can-resolve-this.  You can copy and paste it in the correct thread.

Sorry, I got confused.  I thought the file size explanation was posted by jphoughan - so I replied to it - but the reply was actually to you.  I didn't know I should keep the thread aliove by replying to myself.  That's why I created a new post so that jphoughan would see my response.
Nisko
Nisko
Talented Member
I'm afraid that if I now copy and paste, I'll make this post even more confusing.  Next time I have a comment, I'll post it in a reply to myself.  This happens when I forget something I should have put in a reply.  so I need a place to add my thoughts.
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.1K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.1K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.1K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.1K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.1K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.1K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.1K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.1K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.1K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.1K reputation)
What I do in cases like this where I have a photo or a video that a board won't let me post due to size restrictions is put the file on my OneDrive (Or whatever cloud account you may have.) and put a sharable link to it in a post.

Nisko
Nisko
Talented Member
dbminter - 13 September 2020 6:12 PM
What I do in cases like this where I have a photo or a video that a board won't let me post due to size restrictions is put the file on my OneDrive (Or whatever cloud account you may have.) and put a sharable link to it in a post.

Thank you for the tip.  I'll remember that for the next time.  However, since my PC isn't working properly, I can't do that now.  Also, I just got started with One Drive and don't yet know how to use it.
capair45
capair45
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)Advanced Member (565 reputation)
Nisko - 13 September 2020 4:00 PM
I'm afraid that if I now copy and paste, I'll make this post even more confusing.  Next time I have a comment, I'll post it in a reply to myself.  This happens when I forget something I should have put in a reply.  so I need a place to add my thoughts.

You can always reply to yourself.  Many times users want to add additional information or correct something they posted incorrectly.  You can jump into your toipic and do that anytime.  It's important so your thoughts about a specific problem stay in the same thread you created and users can follow all the questions & suggestions related to your original issue.

Windows 10 Home (2004)
Macrium Reflect 7.2.5107
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.2

Nisko
Nisko
Talented Member
capair45 - 13 September 2020 9:49 PM
Nisko - 13 September 2020 4:00 PM

You can always reply to yourself.  Many times users want to add additional information or correct something they posted incorrectly.  You can jump into your toipic and do that anytime.  It's important so your thoughts about a specific problem stay in the same thread you created and users can follow all the questions & suggestions related to your original issue.

Thank you again - I'll remember that for sure.  I have done that from time-to-time but didn't know if it was appropriate.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search