Macrium Boot Menu Display is missing

Author
Rich Grega
New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I selected the Macrium Boot Menu generation when I generated my rescue disk. When I rebooted the laptop, the Boot Menu doesn't show during the boot sequence. However, there is a delay of about 10 seconds in continuing to boot into Windows. Then I rebooted the laptop again. When the delay occurred, I hit the "DOWN ARROW" and then pressed "ENTER". Up pops the Macrium recovery / files option.  Therefore, the Boot Menu is there, but it's not being displayed.

Any suggestions on how to get the Boot Menu to display during the boot sequence?
Edited 3 September 2020 7:41 PM by Rich Grega
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The boot menu interface itself is actually generated by Windows, not Reflect.  The option within Rescue Media Builder just adds another boot option to the Windows BCD, which Windows Boot Manager uses for generating that list.  So if you can't see the boot menu at all even though it's apparently there, then it sounds like a Windows/driver issue.  You can try having Windows use the legacy boot menu interface that's just a simple text-based interface with a black background by opening an elevated Command Prompt and entering:

bcdedit /set “{current}” bootmenupolicy legacy

Note however that the legacy menu does not support mouse or touch-based input if either of those are important to you.  If you want to get back to the default Windows 10 modern interface, you'd enter:

bcdedit /set “{current}” bootmenupolicy standard

Edited 3 September 2020 8:26 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search