Uninstall CBT

Author
Patrick O'Keefe
Talented Member
Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In a posting https://forum.macrium.com/38042/RE-Feature-request-Automatic-updates#39416 in the Features Request forum, jphughan said
if you don't think you need CBT and/or Image Guardian, you could uninstall just those components
. I think I want to keep IG, but I can probably do without CBT support.  I see how to enable/disable the function but not how to uninstall it. 

• Was it an installation option? 
  • If so, do I need to uninstall and reinstall MR to get rid of it? 
  • If so, does the uninstall process give the option option of keeping MR data and definitions?  (Yes, I could just try it, but I'd rather know ahead of time.)
  • If there is no such option, do I just keep a copy of the Documents/Reflect folder and the ProgData/Macrium folder and copy them back after a reinstall?
I

Edited 1 September 2020 7:44 PM by Patrick O'Keefe
capair45
capair45
Expert
Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)
Patrick O'Keefe - 1 September 2020 7:43 PM
In a posting https://forum.macrium.com/38042/RE-Feature-request-Automatic-updates#39416 in the Features Request forum, jphughan said
if you don't think you need CBT and/or Image Guardian, you could uninstall just those components
. I think I want to keep IG, but I can probably do without CBT support.  I see how to enable/disable the function but not how to uninstall it. 

• Was it an installation option? 
  • If so, do I need to uninstall and reinstall MR to get rid of it? 
  • If so, does the uninstall process give the option option of keeping MR data and definitions?  (Yes, I could just try it, but I'd rather know ahead of time.)
  • If there is no such option, do I just keep a copy of the Documents/Reflect folder and the ProgData/Macrium folder and copy them back after a reinstall?
Settings > Apps >Uninstall Macrium Reflect > Uncheck CBT.  Your settings and data will be retained.  You may need to reboot.

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5321
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.2.3

capair45
capair45
Expert
Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)Expert (721 reputation)
It is installed by default but can be uninstalled.  Settings > Apps >  Macrium Reflect > Modify > Uncheck CBT.  Your data and settings will be retained.

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5321
Windows Defender

Edited 1 September 2020 7:53 PM by capair45
Patrick O'Keefe
Patrick O'Keefe
Talented Member
Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)Talented Member (140 reputation)
Thank you.  I never would have expected that to be done through Windows Settings.  (I did check if it could be done through the Control Panel, but I didn't see a modify option.)

I'm a bit surprised that removing CBT support did not require a Restart of Windows considering the hooks the CBT code must set in Windows I/O routines. (I rebooted just in case.)

capair45
capair45
Expert
Patrick O'Keefe - 1 September 2020 9:06 PM
Thank you.  I never would have expected that to be done through Windows Settings.  (I did check if it could be done through the Control Panel, but I didn't see a modify option.)

I'm a bit surprised that removing CBT support did not require a Restart of Windows considering the hooks the CBT code must set in Windows I/O routines. (I rebooted just in case.)

I removed CBT quite some time ago as I only do FULL images.  I believe a restart was required for the modification to take place.  Probably good you did one anyway.  If at some point you choose to modify the installation to include CBT, the process would be the same and a reboot is requited in that case.

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5321
Windows Defender

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
Patrick O'Keefe - 1 September 2020 9:06 PM

You can go it from Control Panel by going to Programs and Features, selecting Reflect, and clicking Change.  But Microsoft is trying to move as much of the content of Control Panel into the Settings app.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search