Differential backup runs but no differential backup is created at target location.

Author
MarkHoffman
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm running Macrium Reflect v7.2.4971. I'm backing up several folders to a target network drive. I have a created a schedule for all the folders to created 3 Full backups and 30 differential backups. The Full backups are taken at the beginning of every month with the differential's taken every weekday. I noticed the other day that 2 folders had made a full backup at the beginning of August, but no differential's have been made since then. I have deleted the backup definition and re-created it. I then proceeded to run a full and differential backup to a new folder on the target network drive with the same results as before. All of the other folder's have a similar backup schedule and are backing up the same network drive. They are all backing up fine. Can anyone help me? Thanks

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
So to be clear, if you go the Log tab, you'll see log entries for jobs that created a Differential backup.  And those job logs specify the destination path you're expecting to see, and they indicate success, but if you actually go to that destination, the files aren't there?  How is the destination specified in the definition file?  Hopefully it's a UNC path rather than a mapped network drive.

If Reflect doesn't detect any changes since the Full, then it won't generate a backup file, although you'll still see a job log indicating this outcome.  What do your job logs show?

MarkHoffman
MarkHoffman
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
The job logs only a VSS log. I see that the last file created or modified in those folders was from 2017-2018. I have created some test files in the target folders to see if a differential backup will be created tonight. Thanks for the reply. I will update this thread will my results.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
I've never seen Reflect generate a VSS log without a job log.  But the job log is accessed by clicking the actual timestamp that is the "parent item" over the VSS log.  The job log isn't a sub-item of the time stamp on the same level as the VSS log itself.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search