Manual Verifies take twice as long in Windows versus WinRE?

Author
dbminter
Master
Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've noticed when I'm performing manual Verifies on image sets, partition or files, the Verify takes twice as long in Windows as it does in WinRE.  Is this normal expected behavior?  What I do is every month on the first there's a Monthly partition backup of Windows and an assorted partition and a files backup of changed files from various partitions.  These backups are first performed to a USB 3.0 WD HDD and then they are copied to a USB 3.0 SSD, a WD and a Samsung T5.  The WD is plugged in by USB 3 C and the T5 by USB 3 A.  The copied image sets are then manually Verified in Windows, followed by a manual Verify in the Windows boot menu option to start Reflect.

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (396 reputation)Proficient Member (396 reputation)Proficient Member (396 reputation)Proficient Member (396 reputation)Proficient Member (396 reputation)Proficient Member (396 reputation)Proficient Member (396 reputation)Proficient Member (396 reputation)Proficient Member (396 reputation)Proficient Member (396 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
dbminter - 1 August 2020 9:53 PM
I've noticed when I'm performing manual Verifies on image sets, partition or files, the Verify takes twice as long in Windows as it does in WinRE.  Is this normal expected behavior?  What I do is every month on the first there's a Monthly partition backup of Windows and an assorted partition and a files backup of changed files from various partitions.  These backups are first performed to a USB 3.0 WD HDD and then they are copied to a USB 3.0 SSD, a WD and a Samsung T5.  The WD is plugged in by USB 3 C and the T5 by USB 3 A.  The copied image sets are then manually Verified in Windows, followed by a manual Verify in the Windows boot menu option to start Reflect.

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Until someone gets back to you with an explanation, here are the results on my machine. 

I back up to a WD USB 3.0 external HD.  The file I used for verification is a nightly FULL image of my Seagate Model ST1000DM0031-1CH162 1TB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive.  It includes 7 partitions.  The file size is 91,521,960 kb. 

Launching MR from within Windows, the file verification took 36:36.  Rebooting into the MR boot menu, the verification took 41:54.  These are the original files and not copies (not sure if that matters)

Dave...

Windows 10 Home (2004)
Macrium Reflect 7.2.5107
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login