How to run Macrium Backups ONLY at specified times?

Author
sj1
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Using Macrium Home v7.2.4971, I have scheduled backups to run a Full BU at 9PM on Fri every 2 weeks, and  Differentials at 8PM Mon - Fri every week.

The issue is that occassionally the computer is off at those times, usually to avoid the danger of thunderstorms.

In any case when the computer is off at the scheduled time, I simply want that BU to be skipped.

Instead, what happens is that the next time (next morning typically) that I restart the computer Macrium starts a BU.   This is not desired!

So, how can I achieve to run Macrium Backups ONLY at specified times?

Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)
Edit your Definition, when you reach the Window with your schedules, select the schedule and EDIT it.  When the schedule window appears, use the "Conditions" button in the lower left corner of the window.  In there, deSelect the "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed."  Then OK out.
Edited 27 July 2020 2:13 PM by Froggie
dbminter
dbminter
Master
Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)
I always enabled that option for my scheduled backups because if I restored a really old Windows image, EVERY backup would want to run because, technically, they were all "missed" since they hadn't run.  So, it was really annoying to have to cancel a long series of backups after doing a restore of really old images.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)
dbminter - 27 July 2020 3:32 PM
I always enabled that option for my scheduled backups because if I restored a really old Windows image, EVERY backup would want to run because, technically, they were all "missed" since they hadn't run.  So, it was really annoying to have to cancel a long series of backups after doing a restore of really old images.

I presume you meant to say you always DISABLED the option, since the option is "Run if missed", not "Skip if missed".  But I'm also pretty sure that restoring a 30-day old backup of a system that had daily backups configured will NOT result in Reflect trying to run 30 back-to-back iterations of the same backup job.  I think that would have come up here as a frequent complaint if that were the case.  I could see it trying to run ONE instance of every scheduled backup task, i.e. the latest missed occurrence, but not a backlog of every missed occurrence of every scheduled task.

dbminter
dbminter
Master
Well, yes.  I said enabled in response to the DISABLE.  Smile  So, that's my confusion there.

With every Windows 10 refresh, twice a year, I'm restoring the old Windows 10 version to update it to the latest version.  So, I get fairly common cases where those backups would execute.  And, sometimes, I have to restore all the way back to Basic Systems Re-Installs, the image taken after installing everything on a new PC, if a bug is that hidden and pervasive.

sj1
sj1
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Froggie - 27 July 2020 2:13 PM
Edit your Definition, when you reach the Window with your schedules, select the schedule and EDIT it.  When the schedule window appears, use the "Conditions" button in the lower left corner of the window.  In there, deSelect the "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed."  Then OK out.

Thanks!   I've accomplished these instructions and will be observing over time if the unwanted BUs stop happening.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search