Image Guardian just wont install

Author
Tim Bay
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

In a fit of paranoia and experimentation I thought I'd try adding Image Guardian to my existing 7.2.4871 W10 1909 installation, but whatever I do it simply wont install.

1. Macrium says that Image Guardian is not installed and needs to be. Answering 'Yes' to the 'Would you like to install this feature?' prompt results in a 'There was a problem installing this feature' dialog.
2. Re running the Macrium installation and selecting 'Modify' shows that Image Guardian is already selected. At the end of the modification I'm prompted to restart which I do. Macrium however still says that Image Guardian is not installed.
3 . Re running the Macrium installation and selecting 'Repair' shows that new files are being copied. At the end of the repair I'm prompted to restart which I do. Macrium still says that Image Guardian is not installed.
4. Uninstalling Macrium COMPLETELY, restarting and then reinstalling with Image Guardian selected results in Macrium sayings that Image Guardian is not installed and needs to be. Crying

I know that there are a number of posts regarding similar failures to install Image Guardian, and one offers a
somewhat convoluted route using msconfig and a clean boot to (possibly) get it to work, but surely there must be simpler solution?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (4.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Tim Bay - 8 July 2020 11:12 AM
Hi

In a fit of paranoia and experimentation I thought I'd try adding Image Guardian to my existing 7.2.4871 W10 1909 installation, but whatever I do it simply wont install.

1. Macrium says that Image Guardian is not installed and needs to be. Answering 'Yes' to the 'Would you like to install this feature?' prompt results in a 'There was a problem installing this feature' dialog.
2. Re running the Macrium installation and selecting 'Modify' shows that Image Guardian is already selected. At the end of the modification I'm prompted to restart which I do. Macrium however still says that Image Guardian is not installed.
3 . Re running the Macrium installation and selecting 'Repair' shows that new files are being copied. At the end of the repair I'm prompted to restart which I do. Macrium still says that Image Guardian is not installed.
4. Uninstalling Macrium COMPLETELY, restarting and then reinstalling with Image Guardian selected results in Macrium sayings that Image Guardian is not installed and needs to be. Crying

I know that there are a number of posts regarding similar failures to install Image Guardian, and one offers a
somewhat convoluted route using msconfig and a clean boot to (possibly) get it to work, but surely there must be simpler solution?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for posting.

Please can you open a support ticket so we can request more information to investigate further.

https://www.macrium.com/support

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

Renato
Renato
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I had the same problem.
Tried to install Guardian under the system administrator and in safe mode, unsuccessfully.
Then released my license, which uninstalled Macrium, then downloaded the latest version and installed it with the old key.
After that everything was fine again, Guardian works again.
(I hope this helps other users with this problem)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search