Macrium Reflect finds virus

Author
lmroberts36
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just a bit of FYI and THANKS to the folks at Macrium Software.

When doing a File and Folder backup yesterday, Reflect discovered a trojan on my system. I have the "Windows Security App" and MalwareBytes for Anti Virus protection on my system They are resident in memory and are supposed to pick up such things on a real-time basis, but none of those programs alerted me to the presence of the trojan even when doing a quick scan. After doing a full scan with Windows Security the trojan was found and removed. So I guess the takeaway from this experience is that Reflect did an admirable job in sniffing out the trojan and also that it makes sense to do a periodic full scan with your anti virus programs.

Larry
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)
Reflect doesn't scan for viruses, but anti-virus running in the background will typically perform on-demand scanning of files that other applications are attempting to access, so when Reflect read that file for the sole purpose of backing it up, that likely caused your anti-virus to take a look at it. Smile

Edited 30 June 2020 1:54 PM by jphughan
lmroberts36
lmroberts36
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
jphughan - 30 June 2020 1:54 PM
Reflect doesn't scan for viruses, but anti-virus running in the background will typically perform on-demand scanning of files that other applications are attempting to access, so when Reflect read that file for the sole purpose of backing it up, that likely caused your anti-virus to take a look at it. Smile

Thanks. That's good to know. But it's disturbing to discover that the anti virus/malware programs running in real-time are not picking up the virus on their own when it first enters the device.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search