Rescue Media reports 1709, installed is 2004

Author
dydxdx
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Should I be doing something to sync Reflect's Rescue Media 1709 to my actual installed 2004 Win 10 releases?
Not sure what I should be doing here.

Thanks in advance
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)
If you use WinPE 10 as your Base WIM, Reflect as of this writing is configured to use WinPE 10 1709, regardless of what version of Windows you have.  If you want to use your system's own WinRE partition as your baseline, change your Base WIM to WinRE in the Advanced options.  However, unless you need WiFi support (which requires WinRE), then there's something to be said for WinPE 10 1709.  I'm not aware of any new features added to newer releases that are relevant to Rescue Media except possibly a larger library of built-in drivers (Macrium moved Reflect fro WinPE 10 1607 to WinPE 10 1709 to gain support for multi-partition flash drives), but there have certainly been cases of newer WinPE/RE versions breaking Rescue Media.  The initial release of WinRE 10 1809 for example contained a bug that broke Rescue Media driver loading.  Win10 1809 was retracted by Microsoft and subsequently re-released, at which point this bug had been fixed, but the early adopters ended up breaking their Rescue Media by always wanting to be on the latest and (not so) greatest.  The other factor to consider is that the WinRE build on systems can actually be customized per-system, i.e. even before Reflect gets to it, whereas using WinPE 10 1709 causes Reflect to download a static package from Microsoft, which means you're always giving Reflect a consistent and tested "foundation" to start with.

dydxdx
dydxdx
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
OK, Thanks Macrium Evangelist...sticking with WinPE10.
Cheers
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search