I've been reading the User Guide

Author
Humpty_Numpty
Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I've been reading through the User Guide and it has an interesting feature where one can add Windows Explorer columns and actually gives a demonstration as how to do it.

I have attempted to do what the User Guide ​suggests, however​, when I select "More" which shows a box containing numerous selections the two suggested, namely "Backup Comment" and "Backup Method" are missing.  I'm obviously missing something, is this feature no longer extant?

Alternatively is it a Windows problem?  Some years ago it was possible to view the size of folders within Windows Explorer, now I have to use third party software which has a floating pallet, good as it is it floats in the top right corner covering the minimise and close "X" buttons.
​​
Thanks​​

.​​

Butt Spell Chequers Two Khan Make Awe Full Miss Steaks
Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)
Humpty, when I select "More" in a directory with Reflect images, both of those options are offered (W10 v1803)...

Humpty_Numpty
Humpty_Numpty
Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)Junior Member (82 reputation)
Froggie - 28 June 2020 12:44 PM
Humpty, when I select "More" in a directory with Reflect images, both of those options are offered (W10 v1803)...

Good for you. Unfortunately NOT for me. I have Windows 10 v 1909. I'm confident I've looked in the correct location. Scores of choices but NOT to two I require.

Thanks.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)
Take a look at this article.

Humpty_Numpty
Humpty_Numpty
Well..... I was looking through the User Guide and attempted to create a column.  I'm unsure if previously I could see Macrium in the Context Drop Down Menu because I've NOT knowlingly had to access Macrium that way in the past.  But certainly the two Backup Comment and Method were NOT shown as addable options.  Whether those files and the drop down context are linked, I don't know, ie would it be possible to have the drop down context without the other two boxes?

I attempted to run the command prompt (administrator rights) by copying and pasting​ the command, it appeared to run correctly and I received one Message that one action had been completed correctly.  I then received a warning box saying "Module "RContextMenu.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed error code  0x8007005

Am I right in thinking that the run command is actually installing two dll files to the Macrium Folder (in my case C/Programs etc)?

Sometimes in the past with other programmes I've had to install dll files and it has just been a simple matter of copy and paste to the ​host folder. If so are those two dll files available elsewhere.

Rightly or wrongly thinking that the drop down context option might have been available before I ​​​​​​​ran the cmd prompt I restored Macrium from an Incremental backup which I had ran this morning.

Copy paste would be the easiest for me.

Thanks - I can certainly live without the extra columns but it is a feature I like the look of.
​​​​​

Humpty_Numpty
Humpty_Numpty
Screen shot:

Froggie - 28 June 2020 12:44 PM

​​​

Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)Master (2K reputation)
No, it is not "installing" those files anywhere, they already exist. The small process is insuring they are REGISTERED for purposes of making them available when using Explorer context options. You must execute the short sequence of commands in an ELEVATED Command Prompt (starting COMMAND PROMPT as ADMINISTRATOR) and you must locate your self in the REFLECT installation folder (CD "c:\program files\macrium\reflect") before executing the "regsvr32" commands. Both of the files are located in that folder.

...and personally, I would not copy'n'paste into a COMMAND PROMPT window... just type the sequence out.

Humpty_Numpty
Humpty_Numpty
Froggie - 30 June 2020 12:35 PM
No, it is not "installing" those files anywhere, they already exist. The small process is insuring they are REGISTERED for purposes of making them available when using Explorer context options. You must execute the short sequence of commands in an ELEVATED Command Prompt (starting COMMAND PROMPT as ADMINISTRATOR) and you must locate your self in the REFLECT installation folder (CD "c:\program files\macrium\reflect") before executing the "regsvr32" commands. Both of the files are located in that folder.

...and personally, I would not copy'n'paste into a COMMAND PROMPT window... just type the sequence out.

Thank you!

I'm lost. I understand I would have to run Elevated Command Prompt as administrator. 

​​How do I locate myself in the in the Reflect installation folder?  I can navigate to c:\program files etc, I don't follow what the prefix CD represents. The two dll files are NOT in the c:\program files\macrium\reflect

No, I wouldn't copy and paste to command prompt, I just wondered if there was a simpler method, something along the lines of go to Reflect site, copy the two dll files and paste them into c:\program files\ ​​

Rightly or wrongly, I did attempt to run the two commands two days ago and received an error message, trying to decode the error message, I thought anti virus was stopping it.​

Thanks again​​​​​​​​

Froggie
Froggie
Master
The "CD" command is a Change Directory command and puts your COMMAND PROMPT window into that directory for any execution purposes.  If the DLLs in question are not in that directory... that's your basic problem.

I would suggest re-installing REFLECT but insure your AV/AM/AS software is disabled during the installation.  The cleanest way to do this would be to un-install REFLECT and only opting for the 1st un-install option... software only, leave the rest of the options unchecked (they'll be used by the re-installation).  Pls insure your AV/AS/AM protection is turned off during the installation.  Following the installation, see if the DLLs in question are located where they're supposed to  be.  If they are, the installation/registration of those Explorer CONTEXT options should be in place now.  Don't forget to re-enable your AV/AM/AS software.

Edited 30 June 2020 1:09 PM by Froggie
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Humpty_Numpty - 30 June 2020 12:56 PM
Froggie - 30 June 2020 12:35 PM

Thank you!

I'm lost. I understand I would have to run Elevated Command Prompt as administrator. 

How do I locate myself in the in the Reflect installation folder?  I can navigate to c:\program files etc, I don't follow what the prefix CD represents. The two dll files are NOT in the c:\program files\macrium\reflect

No, I wouldn't copy and paste to command prompt, I just wondered if there was a simpler method, something along the lines of go to Reflect site, copy the two dll files and paste them into c:\program files\

Rightly or wrongly, I did attempt to run the two commands two days ago and received an error message, trying to decode the error message, I thought anti virus was stopping it.

Thanks again

Thanks for posting.

I can see from your screen shot that the command prompt isn't an 'Administrator' (Elevated) command prompt.

When elevated it looks like this:

Elevate the command prompt and try again.

Please see here:
https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW72/Running+an+elevated+command+prompt

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

Edited 30 June 2020 2:16 PM by Nick
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore