Windows Event Warning

Author
johnharmon
New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I upgraded Windows 10 to 2004 a few days ago. I'm now seeing the below warning multiple times when running a Macrium backup. (The backup is failing because of lack of space on the destination drive, which I need to fix with a revised backup plan):

Windows Events
Date:  6/2/2020 3:27:08 PM
Type:  Warning
Event:  642
Source:  ESENT
DllHost (5440,D,12) Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy_NOEDP_LEGACY_IDB: The database format feature version 9080 (0x2378) could not be used due to the current database format 1568.20.0, controlled by the parameter 0x410022D8 (8920 | JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat).

Is this a Macrium issue, a Windows issue and/or something else? Regarding logs, I'm not sure the best way to attach them; VSS log attached. 

Attachments
Macrium Log Event 642.zip (3 views, 1.00 KB)
Edited 2 June 2020 10:11 PM by johnharmon
johnharmon
johnharmon
New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)
johnharmon - 2 June 2020 9:58 PM
I upgraded Windows 10 to 2004 a few days ago. I'm now seeing the below warning multiple times when running a Macrium backup. (The backup is failing because of lack of space on the destination drive, which I need to fix with a revised backup plan):

Windows Events
DllHost (5440,D,12) Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy_NOEDP_LEGACY_IDB: The database format feature version 9080 (0x2378) could not be used due to the current database format 1568.20.0, controlled by the parameter 0x410022D8 (8920 | JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat).

Is this a Macrium issue, a Windows issue and/or something else? Regarding logs, I'm not sure the best way to attach them; VSS log attached. 

I cleared up the destination space problem, but I'm still getting hundreds of Event ID 642 messages, and my Macrium backup is running very slowly. 
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)
Group: Administrators
johnharmon - 4 June 2020 3:47 PM
johnharmon - 2 June 2020 9:58 PM

Windows Events

I cleared up the destination space problem, but I'm still getting hundreds of Event ID 642 messages, and my Macrium backup is running very slowly. 

Thanks for posting.

The VSS log indicates that there is no problem with the VSS shadow copy creation. At the end of the log, all Windows warning and error events are appended to assist in troubleshooting problems. These warnings and errors are included regardless of the event source and therefore may not be relevant to any action during the shadow copy creation. 

Unfortunately, it appears that ESENT 642 Warning events are a common problem with the latest Windows 10 update. There are numerous reports of this on the Internet. Examples here:

https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/157343-eventlog-warnings-esent-id-642-a.html 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsyyra/esent_event_id_642_warnings_since_updating_to/

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

johnharmon
johnharmon
Regarding slow Macrium backup under Windows 10 2004, my initial attempt at backup after installing 2004 was abysmally slow (Macrium indicated it would take in excess of 70 hours), and it failed before it completed. However, after I rebooted the computer twice, the backup occurred at its normal (much speedier) pace. I suspect it took more than one reboot for various drivers to finally install correctly. 
Flyer
Flyer
New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)
johnharmon - 6 June 2020 9:50 PM
Regarding slow Macrium backup under Windows 10 2004, my initial attempt at backup after installing 2004 was abysmally slow (Macrium indicated it would take in excess of 70 hours), and it failed before it completed. However, after I rebooted the computer twice, the backup occurred at its normal (much speedier) pace. I suspect it took more than one reboot for various drivers to finally install correctly. 

I've also posted about this "event" in the Microsoft forums where it is also seen as a problem. I've had over 800 of these event warnings in the past 7 days. I've not noticed that it is connected to any particular program or action that I've taken. It has not affected the performance of my PC that I can tell. I've been told by several You Tube tech "gurus" to ignore it. My biggest concern now is that no moderator on the Microsoft forum or Microsoft itself has not responded to this. I've gone as far as just asking for an explanation of what it meant. No response in a week yet. The only reason I even noticed this was I was checking my logs here on Macrium and noticed a banger to the right of the Log header about checking VSS errors. I opened it and it was checked to show all event errors and that got me to open the whole event viewer in Windows. Even though I was told to ignore it, over 800 events for the same issue is sort of telling me something is wrong.

Flyer
Flyer
New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)
Flyer - 7 June 2020 4:12 PM

I've also posted about this "event" in the Microsoft forums where it is also seen as a problem. I've had over 800 of these event warnings in the past 7 days. I've not noticed that it is connected to any particular program or action that I've taken. It has not affected the performance of my PC that I can tell. I've been told by several You Tube tech "gurus" to ignore it. My biggest concern now is that no moderator on the Microsoft forum or Microsoft itself has not responded to this. I've gone as far as just asking for an explanation of what it meant. No response in a week yet. The only reason I even noticed this was I was checking my logs here on Macrium and noticed a banger to the right of the Log header about checking VSS errors. I opened it and it was checked to show all event errors and that got me to open the whole event viewer in Windows. Even though I was told to ignore it, over 800 events for the same issue is sort of telling me something is wrong.

I know this is really a Windows issue and not a Macrium issue but....It's now 10 days since 2004 updated and the Windows.old folder was automatically deleted. My ESENT 642 warnings in event viewer have STOPPED. I cannot answer as to crashing apps and slowdowns but as far as the ESENT warning goes, I think this was the solution.
johnharmon
johnharmon
Flyer - 9 June 2020 5:54 PM
Flyer - 7 June 2020 4:12 PM

I know this is really a Windows issue and not a Macrium issue but....It's now 10 days since 2004 updated and the Windows.old folder was automatically deleted. My ESENT 642 warnings in event viewer have STOPPED. I cannot answer as to crashing apps and slowdowns but as far as the ESENT warning goes, I think this was the solution.

Indeed! Mine have stopped also. As you said, really a Windows issue, but good to have it gone.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search