Bluescreen update to7.2.4952

Author
falke300_2
New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello all users, I updated Windows 10 to the may update yesterday, then the PC worked perfectly, until today the macrium was updated to 7.2.4952, then Outlook 2019 can no longer be started, either a blue screen or Outlook can not start .Macrium also crashes. System reset to 7.2 4884 and everything works again.

What can I do . Greeting

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.4K reputation)
Group: Administrators
falke300_2 - 29 May 2020 6:54 PM
Hello all users, I updated Windows 10 to the may update yesterday, then the PC worked perfectly, until today the macrium was updated to 7.2.4952, then Outlook 2019 can no longer be started, either a blue screen or Outlook can not start .Macrium also crashes. System reset to 7.2 4884 and everything works again.

What can I do . Greeting

Thanks for posting and sorry you are having problems.

Please can you open a support ticket so we can investigate this further.

https://www.macrium.com/support

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

falke300_2
falke300_2
New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)
There has been an office update in the meantime and suddenly the problems have disappeared.

dbminter
dbminter
Master
Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)
That makes 2 applications I've seen, and they're both similar, that didn't work on Windows 10 2004 out of the box.  I had to replace LibreOffice with OpenOffice because the former doesn't work right on 2004.  It either locks up, corrupts opened files, or displays empty menus and selection bars on the main interface.  OpenOffice is older and doesn't get updated as often, but, at least, it works.  And LibreOffice is an open source alternative to Microsoft Office, so it's interesting both applications didn't work properly on 2004, it seems.

Hendrick99
Hendrick99
Junior Member (78 reputation)Junior Member (78 reputation)Junior Member (78 reputation)Junior Member (78 reputation)Junior Member (78 reputation)Junior Member (78 reputation)Junior Member (78 reputation)Junior Member (78 reputation)Junior Member (78 reputation)Junior Member (78 reputation)
dbminter - 30 May 2020 9:03 PM
That makes 2 applications I've seen, and they're both similar, that didn't work on Windows 10 2004 out of the box.  I had to replace LibreOffice with OpenOffice because the former doesn't work right on 2004.  It either locks up, corrupts opened files, or displays empty menus and selection bars on the main interface.  OpenOffice is older and doesn't get updated as often, but, at least, it works.  And LibreOffice is an open source alternative to Microsoft Office, so it's interesting both applications didn't work properly on 2004, it seems.

Before upgrading Windows-10 to version 2004, I noticed an update for LibreOffice. I did not know about any issues, but I guess this update was released to solve the 2004 problem (?)
Did you try this update already? I'm on Win10 Pro and everything works ok.

Hendrick / Amsterdam
Edited 31 May 2020 3:02 AM by Hendrick99
dbminter
dbminter
Master
Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)
I saw no update to LibreOffice.  They did release a Beta 1 for 7.0.0, but that's not really an update.  6.3.6.2 Still and 6.4.4.2 Fresh did not work on 2004.  I tried both before uninstalling it.

EDIT: Installed LibreOfficeDev 7.0.0.0.beta1.  It does open and load Word processor documents.  I've yet to test spreadsheets and if it does it properly.  As it currently stood, LibreOffice 6.3.6.2 Fresh corrupted files on Windows 10 2004.  LibreOffice 6.4.4.2 was actually worthless because it displayed blank screens and menu item selection boxes on Windows 10 2004.

EDIT 2: I've been using LibreOffice 7.0.0.0.beta1 for a bit and it seems to work okay under Windows 10 2004.  Loads fine.  So far no corrupted files on opening them.

EDIT 3: Well, LibreOffice is now totally useless on Windows 10 2004 again!  Idiots!  I restored down Windows 10 1909 and updated it to 2004.  I uninstalled LibreOffice 6.x and installed 7.0.0.0.beta1.  BUT, LibreOffice now no longer saves spreadsheets at all!  Some kind of stupid write error.  Plus, .ODS files are NOT assigned to LibreOffice.  Well, back to OpenOffice.  It may be old, but it, at least, works!

EDIT 4: Seems others are reporting a problem with empty, grey boxes on LibreOffice.  But, a fix I tried seemed to do the trick and may enable the older 6.x versions of LibreOffice to work on my Windows 10 2004.  If set, try to disable OpenGL in Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> View -> Category: Graphics Output -> Option: [ ] Use OpenGL for all rendering.  This fixed the immediate problem, but I need to still see if the problem of persistent crashes and corrupting files still exists with some extended use tests.

Edited 13 June 2020 8:18 PM by dbminter
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search