Option to skip version with update checker

Author
Pim
Expert
Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Triggered by this thread I would like to request an option to skip the update notification for the current version from the hourly update checker. The update checker shows an update notification several times a day, but sometimes a new version is not needed for the user/computer (e.g. v7.2.4884 and v7.2.4942 contain fixes for bugs that I have not experienced). Macrium Reflect is updated many times to include bug fixes and updates, which really is a good thing. However, sometimes I just do not want to update because it would not be a good time investment if I do not gain anything from it. However, the update notification will then still be shown several times a day. Because this bothers me too much, in the end I usually do install the update, just to get rid of the notifications. I could disable the notification, but the result would be that I would not be informed of the next update which could be relevant to install. This could be prevented by being able to skip a version.
gbl
gbl
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This "skip update notification for a specific version" appears to not work properly (unless I'm missing something).
Here's my configuration (Version Home v8.0.6584 - 15th February 2022):

Yet I still get a notification upon starting up Reflect:

Joe Allen
Joe Allen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi @gbl

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we are currently investigating this.

If you would like to open a support ticket, you can do so at the link below:

https://www.macrium.com/support

Kind Regards

Joe A

Macrium Support Team

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...