Restore Failed Error 2, testing restore from Macrium Site Manager

Author
lovelyjubbly
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm working my way through Macrium Site Manager and liking what I see.

As part of my testing I'm attempting a Remote Restore, but after it reaches the Reflect PE Environment it pauses for a while then says:

"Restore Failed: Error 2."

It also adds the Macrium Reflect Rescue environment to the boot sequence, which I don't want.

The only thing I can find in the MSM logs is:

"Dismount failed"

Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)
Group: Moderators
lovelyjubbly - 23 May 2020 11:05 PM

As part of my testing I'm attempting a Remote Restore, but after it reaches the Reflect PE Environment it pauses for a while then says:

It also adds the Macrium Reflect Rescue environment to the boot sequence, which I don't want.

"Dismount failed"

Hi,

There are a number of reasons why a restore might fail with error 2 - one possibility is that the PE environment is not picking up some of the critical information like DNS suffixes from domain membership which causes it to be unable to connect to the repository share - our support team can help in identifying what is going on here. Please raise a ticket at https://macrium.com/support and our team will take you through gathering the logs for analysis.
Additionally, I believe that normally the boot menu entry is removed after a successful restore, though I would have to double check exactly what circumstances that happens in!

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

lovelyjubbly
lovelyjubbly
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)Proficient Member (216 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Alex - 26 May 2020 3:23 PM
lovelyjubbly - 23 May 2020 11:05 PM

"Dismount failed"

Hi,

There are a number of reasons why a restore might fail with error 2 - one possibility is that the PE environment is not picking up some of the critical information like DNS suffixes from domain membership which causes it to be unable to connect to the repository share - our support team can help in identifying what is going on here. Please raise a ticket at https://macrium.com/support and our team will take you through gathering the logs for analysis.
Additionally, I believe that normally the boot menu entry is removed after a successful restore, though I would have to double check exactly what circumstances that happens in!

Thanks Alex, support info sent Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search