Continuous Image Guardian popup

Author
Midnightcoast
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Since the last Macrium update (build 4942) the Image Guardian has been notifying me that it has blocked a file operation the name of which is a square and zero. I checked the System Event log and the Image Guardian setting to find out what is causing this and all that is listed in both is MacriumImageGuardian event ID 330. This is happening about every eight minutes. And before anyone asks, yes I did reboot the computer. Any ideas?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
Very curious. Another very similar thread was created shortly before this one in this section of the forum: https://forum.macrium.com/36474/Image-Guardian-blocking-file-operation-chinese

I have Image Guardian and I’m not seeing this behavior myself, just as another data point: It might be worth joining that other thread and trying to figure out what you and the other person there have in common. Windows OS version, third-party AV, etc.
Midnightcoast
Midnightcoast
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
jphughan - 23 May 2020 2:20 PM
Very curious. Another very similar thread was created shortly before this one in this section of the forum: https://forum.macrium.com/36474/Image-Guardian-blocking-file-operation-chineseI have Image Guardian and I’m not seeing this behavior myself, just as another data point: It might be worth joining that other thread and trying to figure out what you and the other person there have in common. Windows OS version, third-party AV, etc.

Yes I did notice that and am keeping an eye on it. However in that case it had happened only once. Mine is happening about every eight minutes. And mine is not chinese it's a square and zero. I'll run another virus scan just in case
Midnightcoast
Midnightcoast
Midnightcoast - 23 May 2020 2:43 PM
jphughan - 23 May 2020 2:20 PM
Very curious. Another very similar thread was created shortly before this one in this section of the forum: https://forum.macrium.com/36474/Image-Guardian-blocking-file-operation-chineseI have Image Guardian and I’m not seeing this behavior myself, just as another data point: It might be worth joining that other thread and trying to figure out what you and the other person there have in common. Windows OS version, third-party AV, etc.

Yes I did notice that and am keeping an eye on it. However in that case it had happened only once. Mine is happening about every eight minutes. And mine is not chinese it's a square and zero. I'll run another virus scan just in case

An update. After notifying me 21 times it has finally stopped. Still no idea why it did that to begin with. Full virus scan with Norton and Malwarebyte has turned up nothing
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
I remember a thread a while ago where some Norton product was tripping Image Guardian because for some reason Norton was opening backups for write access as part of its full scans. The fix in that case was to exclude your backup destination folder(s) from Norton scans.
Midnightcoast
Midnightcoast
jphughan - 23 May 2020 6:54 PM
I remember a thread a while ago where some Norton product was tripping Image Guardian because for some reason Norton was opening backups for write access as part of its full scans. The fix in that case was to exclude your backup destination folder(s) from Norton scans.

When Image Guardian first came out I've thought that might be a problem and had already excluded it from scans and sonar.
klepto
klepto
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

I got this error as well.

JamieW
JamieW
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (600 reputation)Macrium Representative (600 reputation)Macrium Representative (600 reputation)Macrium Representative (600 reputation)Macrium Representative (600 reputation)Macrium Representative (600 reputation)Macrium Representative (600 reputation)Macrium Representative (600 reputation)Macrium Representative (600 reputation)Macrium Representative (600 reputation)
Group: Macrium Moderators
Thank you for your posts.

It appears that something is erroneously triggering the MIG popup, but that it is not a result of anything nefarious.

A genuine blocked operation that arises from a process trying to access a Macrium Image file will have an associated event written to the System event log.

Work is underway to determine the cause of the issue and we will provide an update ASAP.

Kind Regards

Jamie

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

sp2062
sp2062
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Another user experiencing the same behavior. Thanks for looking into this...

ART11
ART11
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Same here. They've been popping up almost constantly the last couple of days.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search