Where is viBoot installed to?

Author
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I just tried to run the .msi to install viBoot and it won't let me choose where to install the program.  It also doesn't even tell me where it's going to install the program.  My suspicion is that it would be installed to the boot drive (C: in my case.)  Is this the case?

This doesn't work for me because my computer consists of three SSDs.  The one the OS is on is fairly small, but I have a larger one I install software to.  The third is the largest and is where program data resides.  If I were wealthy all three of my SSDs would be large, but since I'm not I have to be careful what gets stored on my "C: drive."

JamieW
JamieW
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Gork,

The ability to change the location where Macrium viBoot is installed is something that will be added at a later stage. It is currently fixed to "C:\Program Files\Macrium\viBoot" for development purposes.

At present, the files stored in this folder only consume 3MB and while this is not a reason to prevent changing the installation directory, it really shouldn't be a cause for concern at this stage.

The Macrium viBoot repository can consume a large amount of disk space, but this is configurable from the "Settings" dialog box, as described in the Macrium viBoot documentation.

Kind Regards,
Jamie - Macrium Support

Kind Regards

Jamie

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm glad to hear the ability to define the installation location will be added at a later stage.  I think the installation process should at least show the user where the program will be installed to though.  And most importantly, I appreciate you letting me know where the installation location is.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search