Cloned disk to new laptop not booting

Author
FileLinx
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

I have a problem with a cloned disk which is also moved to a new laptop.
The cloning went just fine, after which the new laptop did not boot. It was showing a quite general BSOD.

After that I bought the personal version of Macrium to make use of the ReDeploy functionality. After rebuilding the rescue media and applying ReDeploy (all drivers were found on the USB I inserted), Windows is still not booting and showing an error with the file iastorafs.sys: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. This is with Windows 10.

What can I do to get things up and running? I was hoping with buying the software and using ReDeploy, I would get things going, but that does not seem the case right now.

Thanks in advance
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)
Did you also try running Fix Boot Problems in the Rescue Media? ReDeploy and Fix Boot Problems do different things, and when moving to a new PC you might need both.
Edited 24 April 2020 2:16 PM by jphughan
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)
Another idea. That driver being implicated is the Intel Rapid Storage driver, so the driver in your image might be too old of a driver for the Intel RST controller generation in your new system. Unfortunately the RST controller’s hardware ID has been kept unchanged over the years, so technically any RST driver release will be considered “valid” even though old driver versions won’t work on systems with newer controller generations. Try getting the “floppy“ version of the Intel Rapid Storage controller directly from Intel, which is provided as a simple zip file, and see if you can use ReDeploy to update your Windows environment with that new version.
Edited 24 April 2020 2:22 PM by jphughan
FileLinx
FileLinx
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
jphughan - 24 April 2020 2:21 PM
Another idea. That driver being implicated is the Intel Rapid Storage driver, so the driver in your image might be too old of a driver for the Intel RST controller generation in your new system. Unfortunately the RST controller’s hardware ID has been kept unchanged over the years, so technically any RST driver release will be considered “valid” even though old driver versions won’t work on systems with newer controller generations. Try getting the “floppy“ version of the Intel Rapid Storage controller directly from Intel, which is provided as a simple zip file, and see if you can use ReDeploy to update your Windows environment with that new version.
Hi Jphughan,

Thanks for your swift reply.
I tried the suggestion and downloaded thed from Intel.  the error message is the same.

Any other suggestions? 🙂

Hendrick99
Hendrick99
Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)
FileLinx - 27 April 2020 6:29 AM
jphughan - 24 April 2020 2:21 PM
Hi Jphughan,

Thanks for your swift reply.
I tried the suggestion and downloaded thed from Intel.  the error message is the same.

Any other suggestions? 🙂

Linux users tend to use a program called Boot Repair to try to fix boot problems. You might want to try that.
Personally I am not sure if the program can repair errors that appear to be caused by memory corruption
and/or protected memory pages/borders. But nevertheless, you might want to give that a try...

Hendrick / Amsterdam
Edited 27 April 2020 9:07 AM by Hendrick99
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Do your systems have a BIOS option to choose between AHCI mode or RAID/RST mode? If so, are both systems set the same way?
FileLinx
FileLinx
I tried both solutions, but no luck unfortunately.
Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm choosing to format the drive and start with a fresh installation.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search