New update v7.2.4797

Author
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ok, the relevant lines seem to be these:

Could not find netwlan92de.inf
Could not find wna1000m.inf
Copying C:\WINDOWS\system32\catroot to c:\boot\macrium\WinREFiles\mount\Windows\System32\catroot
Removing preexisting Winpeshl.ini
Extracting Macrium PE Files - 2020-03-20 20:24
C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect\
"C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect\WAIKFiles15x64.exe" "c:\boot\macrium\WinREFiles\mount" -notech -x64
'"C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect\WAIKFiles15x64.exe" "c:\boot\macrium\WinREFiles\mount" -notech -x64' FAILED - Error 2: Det går inte att hitta filen.

Failed to extract PE files.
Unmounting the wim - 2020-03-20 20:24

The failure to find the INF files seems to be related to a driver, but I doubt that would cause the entire build to fail.  The larger issue is the seeming inability to extract the actual Reflect Rescue Media application files from the WAIKFiles15x64.exe "bundle" file in order to copy them into the Rescue Media WIM being created.  I don't speak the language used for the "Error 2" text, but Google Translate detected it as Swedish and translated it as "The file cannot be found".  In that case I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Reflect.  The uninstaller defaults to KEEPING all of your settings, logs, schedules, etc., so it's quite painless other than possibly needing to restart your system once or twice.  If that doesn't resolve it, do you have any third-party anti-malware applications installed that might be interfering with Rescue Media creation?  That's been reported in the past, and a Reflect update and/or an automatic background update to that anti-malware tool might be responsible for the sudden change in behavior.

Edited 20 March 2020 9:59 PM by jphughan
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)
I just checked my own WIM build log and as it turns out, I have "Could not find" errors for those same two INF files, but my Rescue Media build still completed successfully.  In addition, my build log shows that Reflect used "C:\program files\macrium\reflect\WAIKFiles20x64.exe", not 15, although I don't know if that's significant here.  I'm running Reflect Server, on Windows 10 1909 x64, building Rescue Media using WinRE as the base WIM, if any of thatmakes a difference.

Hubbe
Hubbe
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi just find out some things....I updatet Reflect on my other Pc with an older Windows (ver19441) and creating Rescue Media works just fine, no problems at all..I will uninstall and reinstall Reflect on the Preview Pc an see if it works. but i stll think the problem is relatet to the latest Windows Preview ver.
David
David
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
I updated to 7.2.4797, and just noticed that when I select the "Backup" tab in the left-hand pane, these tabs in the right-hand pane do not show any files:
Backup Definition Files
VBScript Files
PowerShell Files
MS-DOS Batch Files
Yet I have successfully done an incremental file backup and an incremental disk image, and I can see my .xml and .bat files in C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Reflect (custom location?).  Anyone else have the same issue?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
David - 21 March 2020 4:32 PM
I updated to 7.2.4797, and just noticed that when I select the "Backup" tab in the left-hand pane, these tabs in the right-hand pane do not show any files:
Backup Definition Files
VBScript Files
PowerShell Files
MS-DOS Batch Files
Yet I have successfully done an incremental file backup and an incremental disk image, and I can see my .xml and .bat files in C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Reflect (custom location?).  Anyone else have the same issue?

All of mine are still there.  You can re-register those in Reflect if you want.  Just go to each tab where you previously had an item registered and click the green + icon to import it into Reflect.
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.4K reputation)
Oh, the disappearing XML, etc panes of info, while rare, I've seen before.  Did you try just closing Reflect and reopening it to see if the XML list repopulated itself?  That usually works for me.

David
David
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
dbminter - 21 March 2020 5:09 PM
Oh, the disappearing XML, etc panes of info, while rare, I've seen before.  Did you try just closing Reflect and reopening it to see if the XML list repopulated itself?  That usually works for me.

I would never post a problem to a forum without doing something so basic.  And I rebooted.

David
David
jphughan - 21 March 2020 4:57 PM
David - 21 March 2020 4:32 PM
Backup Definition Files
VBScript Files
PowerShell Files
MS-DOS Batch Files

All of mine are still there.  You can re-register those in Reflect if you want.  Just go to each tab where you previously had an item registered and click the green + icon to import it into Reflect.

I was able to do backups, so I suspect they ARE registered, but a problem is preventing them from displaying.  People, I'm not a n00b, no more basic suggestions, please.  All I want is to know if anyone else is seeing the same problem.

RealJCUK
RealJCUK
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Heads up for any Microsoft OneDrive users.

I installed v7.2.4797 today and encountered a BSOD today while locking my Personal Vault in OneDrive.  I've raised a support ticket with this as it is reproducible using the following steps:
  • Unlock OneDrive Personal Vault
  • Navigate to the local Personal Vault folder
  • Close the Personal Vault folder
  • Right click the OneDrive icon and select Lock Personal Vault
After the last step a BSOD with stop code PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA occurs in mrcbt.sys.

Basic analysis using WinDbg shows:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.17763.132 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Temp\MEMORY.DMP]
Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be available.

Symbol search path is: srv*
Executable search path is:
Windows 10 Kernel Version 18362 MP (12 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 18362.1.amd64fre.19h1_release.190318-1202
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff806`12a00000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff806`12e48150
Debug session time: Sat Mar 21 18:05:05.147 2020 (UTC + 0:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:11:32.132
Loading Kernel Symbols
.......................................Page 20085bd6f too large to be in the dump file.
Page 20085bd6e too large to be in the dump file.
Loading User Symbols

Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {ffff958be61b8df5, 0, fffff806197f2eec, 2}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mrcbt.sys
Probably caused by : mrcbt.sys ( mrcbt+2eec )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

I'll post a follow up once I receive a reply from tech support.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
David - 21 March 2020 5:38 PM
I was able to do backups, so I suspect they ARE registered, but a problem is preventing them from displaying.  People, I'm not a n00b, no more basic suggestions, please.  All I want is to know if anyone else is seeing the same problem.

"Registered" means "loaded into Reflect to display in those tabs".  You do not have to have definition files or scripts registered in order to use them.  If you have an XML file sitting somewhere, open Command Prompt, and launch Reflect calling that XML file, it will run the backup job described in the XML file, regardless of whether it's visible in the application.  Same with script files.   As for "People, I'm not a n00b, no more basic suggestions, please", nobody here had any way to know your level of expertise in advance, and even if they had known you weren't a n00b, I've worked with a surprising number of people who have used Reflect for years and have been unaware of simple things, including one person who went years creating Diff and Inc backups with Reflect by using the option for that purpose under the Restore tab because they'd never learned about definition files at all.

Edited 21 March 2020 7:23 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search