Cannot access NAS from Rescue Environment

Author
Maltodo
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I have Macrium Reflect create image backups that are stored on a NAS. But from the Rescue Enironment I have not been able to restore from the NAS.

Here is what I have done after reading KB Article 'Resolving Network Issues in Windows PE':
- I obtained the IP address of the NAS (192.168.178.39)
- In 'Network Configuration' I verified that my network adapter is available and in 'View Unsupported Devices' I verified that it is not unsupported.
- As per the KB instructions, I opened PE Explorer and tried to map the network share. In the 'Folder' window I have entered the IP address (in format \\192.168.178.39\) and then I get a reply: 
The network name cannot be found.
Same effect when using the server name.
What else can I do?

Hoping for help,
Maltodo
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.8K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Maltodo

Thanks for posting.  Please see this KB article:

http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Accessing+network+shares+in+Windows+PE

Please ensure that you enter the full UNC path - \\Server\share. In your case this is ' \\192.168.178.39\share'. Replace 'share' with the correct share name. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

Maltodo
Maltodo
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply. You provided the correct answer but it took me some time to figure out that there should be NO BACKSLASH after the UNC path. I typed
'\\192.168.178.39\share\' instead of '\\192.168.178.39\share' and that appears to make a difference...

Problem solved. Thanks again.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search