Scheduler Ran a Day Early & Hour Early

Author
Reflecting Mirror
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
My scheduled weekly backup that runs on Sunday at 7 PM Central Time for some reason started to run on 3/7/2020 at 6 PM Saturday. The PC’s time is correct.

I just checked the Microsoft scheduler and Macrium scheduler and the times are correct.

This is the first time I have experienced this problem. Is it related to the time change of moving an hour ahead that will happen at 2 AM Sunday that caused Macrium Home edition to erroneously start a backup a day early and an hour early?

I am using Reflect Home edition 7.2.4744 version on Windows 64-bit Windows 10 1909 with latest OS patches.

Edited 8 March 2020 12:46 AM by Reflecting Mirror
Froggie
Froggie
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)
Since you just switched to Daylight Savings Time,  it's probably best if you re-edit your schedules so they will be updated accordingly.  Many has trouble with this switchover last fall.
Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)
However, DST has not occurred yet at my location for another 6.5 hours.
Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Proficient Member
The issue occur again this past Saturday with one difference of starting at 7 PM verses an hour early on DST weekend. My weekly backup job is set to run on Sunday at 7 PM Central Time. However, the job ran on Saturday at 7 PM unlike my original post that ran an hour earlier on Saturday at 6 PM. Eight hours before daylight saving time change was to take effect.

• I verified the date & time in both Reflect and MS Scheduler were correct.
  • Both BIOS and Windows date & time are correct.
  • The scheduled backup job did run on Sunday at 7 PM on the 8th of March.

@Froggie

By edit the job, do you mean just set the backup job to a different time and save, then back to the original time and save?

I decided to delete the backup job in Reflect and I checked the MS Scheduler to make sure the backup job was deleted.
Then I created the backup job again.
If the issue reoccurs again next Saturday, I will open a ticket to Macrium Support.

Thank you to Froggie for providing a possible workaround to this issue.

I am not sure if the problem is with Reflect Home edition, Microsoft or both.

I am using Reflect Home edition 7.2.4744 version on Windows 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 1909 OS Build 18363.720.
Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Proficient Member
The issue of Reflect weekly backup job running a day early occurred again when my weekly Sunday 7 PM CT backup ran on Saturday at 7 PM.
I had upgraded from 7.2.4744 to 4797 on March 19th. The issue for me occurs with both versions.
Previously last week, I had deleted the scheduled backup job in Reflect, confirmed removal in Microsoft scheduler and recreate the weekly backup job.
I check the Microsoft Scheduler earlier on Saturday, March 21st and the Next Run Time is showing correctly at 3/22/2020 7 PM.
All other non-Reflect Microsoft Scheduler jobs are running only at their appointed date and times.
The weekly backup job will run twice. Once a day early and on the scheduled date & time.
I have opened a ticket to Macrium support.
Ken
Ken
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)
I'm having issues too. The work around where you delete definition and check MS scheduler use to work, now that doesn't seem to be working. 

Wonder where this data with the incorrect schedule is being stored.
Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Proficient Member
I recommend you open a ticket to support since they are telling me that they have not seen this type of issue before that I am reporting.

Support recommended that I switch from using the MS System login in the scheduled backup job to a user account with administrator privileges. I initially performed the task, but reverted back to the MS System since Reflect default and the go forward strategy is to use the MS System account per the documentation link below.

Task Scheduler 2.0

Using Reflect's software, I have tried per support's recommendation of deleting the backup definition file (Backup Definition Files tab) along with the schedule and recreate the backup definition file and schedule from scratch. The problem still exists.

Last weekend the problem reoccurred even though I previously deleted and recreated the backup definition and schedule prior to the weekend. After the erroneous weekly backup ran a day early on Saturday evening, I decided on Saturday evening to:
  1. Uninstall everything of Reflect (selected all four checkboxes during uninstall).
  2. Performed required reboot of PC.
  3. Download the Reflect Home + Win PE.
  4. Install Reflect Home edition.
  5. Apply my custom settings as defaults.
  6. Create backup definition file.
  7. Create schedule.
I hope this weekend the problem is resolved given that I have taken the drastic step of uninstall Reflect completely, reinstalled, setup my custom default settings, backup definition file and weekly schedule.

NOTE:
The only changes to my software on my system before this issue started occurring on the weekend of March 7th is Microsoft released two patches, KB4535996 & KB4537572, on 2/27/2020 that I applied to my system.

Since 2/27/2020, March MS patches KB4540673, KB4551762 & KB4541335 have been applied on 3/10/2020, 3/12/2020 and 3/24/2020 respectively.

Ken
Ken
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)
The day early might be new but not the issues with DST. Had it myself well over a year ago. 

Tasks running not according to schedule is also not new. Again posted myself in this forum on that subject. 

Needs resolution between the two players, MS and Macrium.
Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Proficient Member
Which issue are you experiencing?

My issues are:
  1. On the DST weekend, the weekly Sunday 7 PM Central Time job ran a day early and an hour early. Then the job ran at the scheduled date and time on Sunday.
  2. Since the DST weekend, my weekly Sunday 7 PM Central Time job runs on both Saturday at 7 PM and Sunday 7 PM when it should only run on Sunday.

Ken
Ken
Advanced Member
Running a day early and then running on day it is scheduled.

It was running every week, I had scheduled every other week, wouldn't take, moved day, runs twice every week. Deleted def and checked scheduler, no instances. 

Made new definition, now runs every two weeks only twice.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search