Scheduler Ran a Day Early & Hour Early

Author
Ken
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ticket raised. I see another thread with yet another scheduling issue. 

Funny, I have no issues with Malwarebytes, SAS, Wise cleaner, Symantec when I owned, Asus update, Windows maintenance, Intel Driver support or any other scheduled task.
Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)
Caledon Ken - 5 April 2020 8:56 PM
Ticket raised. I see another thread with yet another scheduling issue. 

Funny, I have no issues with Malwarebytes, SAS, Wise cleaner, Symantec when I owned, Asus update, Windows maintenance, Intel Driver support or any other scheduled task.

Are all your Reflect backups that are running early Full backups?

There are reports in the other thread that scheduled Incremental and Differentials are not affected by this issue.
Edited 5 April 2020 11:03 PM by Reflecting Mirror
wags1
wags1
Talented Member
Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)
Same here. No scheduling issues with any other application that uses the Windows Task Scheduler except for Reflect.
Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)Proficient Member (266 reputation)
Update from Macrium support on my ticket is that they were able to reproduce the problem in their testing environment and their development team is currently investigating if it is related to Reflect or some sort of a bug in the Windows Task Scheduler.
Ken
Ken
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)Advanced Member (520 reputation)
Interesting. 

I did not get that response, looking for Task Scheduler history which I've enabled. 
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)
BTW, Caledon, for you and others reading, you may want to periodically check Task Scheduler and make sure Enable History is still enabled after you've enabled it.  Task Scheduler has a nasty habit of Disabling History for no reason.  And, at Windows 10 refreshes, it appears to be generally accepted Microsoft practice to reset it itself when the updates are performed, even when the user has it Enabled.  At least, that's been my experience with it.

Ken
Ken
Advanced Member
Thanks. I'll make a note to check morning of so I know we catch data. Thanks again.

Ken
wags1
wags1
Talented Member
Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)Talented Member (104 reputation)
I received a reply from Macrium support on my open ticket regarding this issue. Net is (my words and interpretation of their answer) they are not interested in spending any time or resources determining root cause and developing a solution for the current issues when using the Windows Task Scheduler since they have decided to develop their own scheduler . Until that is released in a future update they really have no fix except for what they have already recommended (which in my case doesn't work). Disappointing but not surprising. Here is the relevant sentence from the e-mail response they sent me:

"It's very unfortunate that Microsoft still hasn't resolved these problems and we will be implementing our own scheduler in a future update to improve our scheduling robustness."

Bottom line is until they release the update with their own scheduler, which they gave no timeline for unfortunately, we are stuck dealing with this issue as best we can. I can honestly say this is the first time in all my years of using Reflect that I have been disappointed in their technical support.
Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Proficient Member
I got the same reply with a couple of examples of MS Scheduler issues.

Support did provide me with a possible workaround that I will share below.

For now, as a workaround, you could try disabling the automatic time setting and the daylight changes setting in Windows. Once these settings have been removed, please delete your Reflect schedules and try setting your Windows time manually.

Once the time has been set and your Windows OS displays the correct time, please recreate the Reflect Schedules.

wags1
wags1
Talented Member
Reflecting Mirror - 9 April 2020 4:42 PM
I got the same reply with a couple of examples of MS Scheduler issues.

Support did provide me with a possible workaround that I will share below.

For now, as a workaround, you could try disabling the automatic time setting and the daylight changes setting in Windows. Once these settings have been removed, please delete your Reflect schedules and try setting your Windows time manually.

Once the time has been set and your Windows OS displays the correct time, please recreate the Reflect Schedules.

Received the same exact response with the same recommended workarounds. Neither of them are new and I had already tried both with no effect. Also, of the examples they pointed to one was from 2013 (LOL) and in the other Microsoft stated that they had already fixed the issue - "This issue occurs because of incorrect or missing time zone information, which can occur if the latest Windows Daylight Saving Time Cumulative Update has not been applied." ...so really none answers. It is what it is at this point.

Here is the reply I sent to Macrium support :

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately none of the workarounds fix this problem for me. I get that Macrium doesn't what to spend time determining root cause and providing a fix for the current issues using the Microsoft Task Scheduler now that you have decided to developer your own scheduler. That said, since I'm stuck dealing with this issue until that happens, what is the current expected time from for the update that fixes this problem? I'm not looking for an exact date but at least for a time frame. Obviously if it is more that 6 months or so I will have to begin looking for an alternative solution to Macrium Reflect.

One additional note, according to Microsoft they have already released a fix for this Task Scheduler problem (which has been applied in my case) - "This issue occurs because of incorrect or missing time zone information, which can occur if the latest Windows Daylight Saving Time Cumulative Update has not been applied."
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search