Scheduled backup finishes but never "leaves" memory

Author
dbminter
Master
Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This was somewhat of an unusual situation for me.

I had a 1.5 TB partition that needed backing up from a USB drive to the same USB drive as a target, so I knew it would take some time.  I let the backup run overnight, and it completed in about 8 hours.  However, by the time I got to the system again, the first of today's 2 scheduled backups started.  The first one finished and then the 2nd one started, but here's where it got odd.

I tried to run an Incremental but Reflect said it was busy, which I then noticed the backup icon still running in the Notification area.  So, I CTRL+ALT+M'ed to check the status of the backup.  It had finished, but never "left" memory.  I tried Close but repeated attempts to Close never closed off the backup.  It was "stuck" in memory.  I restarted Windows to be safe, since it was also near my scheduled time to do so.  When Windows restarted, "Macrium Reflect" "crashed."

Another oddity was it never wrote a log for the "completed" backup in the list of logs.

After restarting Windows, I manually Verified the "completed" image, and if Verified fine.

Thanks!

Edited 14 February 2020 5:25 PM by dbminter
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search