Macrium is anomalously "busy"

Author
Bernie
New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I discovered yesterday  [when I was notified of a software update] that it wouldn't happen -- macrium reported that it was busy doing a backup or restore operation.  OF course, as far as I knew it was idle.  I let it be and found that the 'busy" apparently also interfered with the scheduled backup last night.  I fired up Macrium this AM and got the same "I'm busy" error when I tried to check for updates.  And I tried a 'restore' -- I picked a filesystem and set it to browse.  That worked *perfectly*.   I went back to restore and unmounted the filesystem.   and macrium was *still* too busy to check for updates.  What can it be doing?  How do I get it working again?  Thanks!

capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (314 reputation)Proficient Member (314 reputation)Proficient Member (314 reputation)Proficient Member (314 reputation)Proficient Member (314 reputation)Proficient Member (314 reputation)Proficient Member (314 reputation)Proficient Member (314 reputation)Proficient Member (314 reputation)Proficient Member (314 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Bernie - 13 February 2020 12:58 PM

I discovered yesterday  [when I was notified of a software update] that it wouldn't happen -- macrium reported that it was busy doing a backup or restore operation.  OF course, as far as I knew it was idle.  I let it be and found that the 'busy" apparently also interfered with the scheduled backup last night.  I fired up Macrium this AM and got the same "I'm busy" error when I tried to check for updates.  And I tried a 'restore' -- I picked a filesystem and set it to browse.  That worked *perfectly*.   I went back to restore and unmounted the filesystem.   and macrium was *still* too busy to check for updates.  What can it be doing?  How do I get it working again?  Thanks!

Check Task Manager and see if a Reflect process is running.  If so, terminate that process and see if things return to normal.  You can find additional information on this issue by doing a forum search with keyword, "Busy".

Windows 10 Home (1909)
Macrium Reflect 7.2.4744
Windows Defender

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search