Backup Aborted! - Error reading Image file after update to v7.2.4711

Author
bnet
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

After the update to v7.2.4711 I'm getting the following error on every scheduled incremental backup.

Current Time: 13/02/2020 07:25:12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Selected: 0 B
Email Notifications
Recipients: xxxxx
Email notification sent
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email Notifications
Recipients: xxxxx
Email notification sent
Backup Aborted! - Error reading Image file

I have it configured to Retain 120 incremental images, Create a Synthetic Full backup if possible.

Restore won't work either.
After I select any incremental delta date and click browse image the virtual drive won't mount and I don't get any errors.
The backup drive is OK

I'm not sure if this the cause of the update to v7.2.4711 but I didn't change anything else or installed any Windows Updates.

Anyone with the some problem?
Any solution please?
Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hello Bnet,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.

If you haven't already, please raise a support ticket so we can help further. Please visit the link below and reference this post.

https://helpme.macrium.com

Kind Regards

Stephen

Next Webinar

SimonC
SimonC
New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)
Stephen - 13 February 2020 10:15 AM
Hello Bnet,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.

If you haven't already, please raise a support ticket so we can help further. Please visit the link below and reference this post.

https://helpme.macrium.com

I have this issue as well. But only on my Desktop and not on my Laptop. On my desktop I experienced this issue with both my regular image backup and a regular file & folder backup. The issue occurred after installing the latest patch. I have taken the following steps.
  1. Created restore point.
  2. Restored to a restore point from 5 days ago (prior to recent Windows Updates and Macrium Patch).
  3. Suffered one-off BSOD (very rare on my machines) due to ndis.sys.​
  4. Re-tried the backup - all OK.
  5. Re-applied Windows Updates.
  6. Re-tried the backup - all OK.
  7. Re-installed the Macrium patch.
  8. Re-tried the backup - failed as per the original problem.
Looks like Macrium's patch to me, but obviously environment dependent.

Simon​​​
​​​​​​​​​
bnet
bnet
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Thank you for replying Simon

I can't restore back because the restore function won't work.

Anyway I tested 2 other computers with the older version v7.2.4601 and these are working fine.
Restore and backup OK

When I updated to v7.2.4711 the exact same problem occurs.

Now I'm sure it's the update to v7.2.4711.
Can't backup or restore anything.

I opened a support ticket and waiting for a new patch.
SimonC
SimonC
New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)
I used a Windows Restore Point as yes, like you, Macrium Reflect wouldn't work.
Control Panel -> Recovery.

Simon​​​

ChainMigration
ChainMigration
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Hi, I'm experiencing a similar issue with incremental image backups since the update to v7.2.4711.  I am getting the error message "Index verification failed".  A full image backup works fine, but incrementals fail.  I haven't tried a differential backup.  The same day I updated MR, I also got a Windows update, so I wasn't sure which change caused the issue.  I am currently on Windows 10 Pro, 1903, build 18362.592.  Reading different posts, I decided to move the backup location to another drive.  Same issue, changing drives did not help.  I ran an incremental by turning off the Auto Verify Image option, and then it will run to completion.  I then used the Macrium-supplied utility "Verify.exe" on the new incremental, and it verifies successfully.  It's only when I run an incremental with Auto Verify Image on, it fails at the very end of the job.  Suggestions?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (8.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.8K reputation)
The latest release mentioned changes to the indexes of Incremental Deltas, so an unintended consequence of that change might be responsible for that behavior. As a workaround, you could try disabling Delta Incremental Indexing under Edit Defaults > Advanced > Advanced Incrementals. That will cause Reflect to use full indexes, which means your backups will be slightly larger, but they also have some advantages. I use full indexes myself.
ChainMigration
ChainMigration
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Thank you for your response.  I will give that a try and report back

ChainMigration
ChainMigration
Disabling Delta Incremental Indexing seems to work for me.  I'll stick with that.  Thank you very much for the suggestion!  Much appreciated!

dbminter
dbminter
Master
Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)
That's odd.  I have Delta Incremental Indexing enabled and my Incremenetals haven't returned this error since updating.  Whether it makes a difference, (Probably not.) my Incrementals are not scheduled but executed manually.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search