Image Guardian

Author
gfd
New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Greetings,

I have Macrium installed on one partition of a Windows 10, dual boot machine. I do not have Macrium installed on the second bootable partition. I understand that Macrium allows backing up and restoring to, both partitions. Thank you. Image Guardian protects my images (on 2 external drives) on the installation that hosts Macrium. However, on the other installation, Macrium is not installed, and so there is no protection.

I have no need to install Macrium on both installations. The non-Macrium installation is for music production; and so I do not wish to install anything that might use additional resources. But I do wish to protect my backup files when the non-Macrium installation is in operation.

I have a suggestion for future development. Have a separate installation of Image Guardian available for those who have dual boot machines, with Macrium installed on one partition. Image Guardian (stand alone) would be installed on the non-Macrium installation; thereby protecting the images no matter which partition is active. That would be an excellent addon.

As an alternative: If Macrium is installed, but not used, other than to activate Image Guardian on a second partition, can it be setup so as to be mostly inactive? In other words quiet? I would go as far as to buy a second copy if this is required.

Finally, is there a third party alternative which would be protect files only when the non-Macrium partition is active? I am thinking of ransomware, and so encryption programs would not work.

Thanks for a great program and for any help you may have,

Graham
gfd
gfd
New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)
Greetings,

Am asking administrator(s) to delete this post. I don't think there is a sensible answer to my question. I think this is unfair to the community at large.

Thanks,
Graham
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (10K reputation)
If you're willing to buy a second license to gain this functionality, you could just do that and install the full Reflect.  It doesn't have any resource-intensive persistent background processes.  It does have a few processes, but their resource consumption is negligible.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search