How to suspend a backup schedule.

Author
Skeeter
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Starting 9/21/2019, Windows 10 started disconnecting the mapping to my external drive for backups of my HP notebook.  Since that Windows update I've been having to do the backups manually, immediately after manually remapping the drive, since the drive unmapping often takes place only a few minutes from the last activity of the drive.  The HP user forum includes numerous user complaints about this particular drive, which one of the forum users learned is the result of HP deciding a number of years ago, when the firmware for that drive was designed, to make it more energy efficient by having it go into a sleep mode after a briefer period of no activity than was typical throughout the industry.  This is now incompatible with a recent Windows 10 update.  While I'm determining what new drive to buy as a replacement, is there some way to merely suspend my backup schedule while I'm doing backups manually, rather than stacking up failed scheduled backup attempts in the log every time the drive has become unmapped prior to the scheduled backup time, while I'm not even at the computer?  I'd rather not go through the hassle of deleting the schedule, then reconstructing it once I get the replacement drive.

If Macrium doesn't even support the 'suspending' of a schedule, please submit this as a wish list feature.  Thanks.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)
Open Reflect, go to the Scheduled Backups tab, right-click the tasks you wish to suspend, and click Disable.

steve.vukelich@gmail.com
steve.vukelich@gmail.com
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
That is not correct. The option does not appear in Reflect 7.2.4601; you only have the options to edit and delete.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)
steve.vukelich@gmail.com - 26 December 2019 6:09 PM
That is not correct. The option does not appear in Reflect 7.2.4601; you only have the options to edit and delete.

@steve.vukelich@gmail.com I'm running 4601 and the option is precisely where I said it is in my previous post.  Screenshot below to demonstrate.  Even if you don't see this option yourself for some reason, perhaps make a post to that effect rather than making a blanket claim that the option doesn't appear in a particular release and dismissing someone else's post with "That is not correct", especially as your own very first post in this forum.

Edited 26 December 2019 6:48 PM by jphughan
steve.vukelich@gmail.com
steve.vukelich@gmail.com
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
jphughan - 26 December 2019 6:35 PM

@steve.vukelich@gmail.com I'm running 4601 and the option is precisely where I said it is in my previous post.  Screenshot below to demonstrate.  Even if you don't see this option yourself for some reason, perhaps make a post to that effect rather than claiming that the option doesn't appear in a particular release and just dismissing someone else's post as "That is not correct", especially as your own very first post in this forum.

steve.vukelich@gmail.com
steve.vukelich@gmail.com
I am sorry that you are better than me. Thanks for the pictures, but I still do not have that option, so I'll just let it be.
SantaFeBill
SantaFeBill
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)

@steve.vukelich@gmail.com I'm running 4601 and the option is precisely where I said it is in my previous post.  Screenshot below to demonstrate.  Even if you don't see this option yourself for some reason, perhaps make a post to that effect rather than making a blanket claim that the option doesn't appear in a particular release and dismissing someone else's post with "That is not correct", especially as your own very first post in this forum.

jphughan - 24 December 2019 8:22 AM
Open Reflect, go to the Scheduled Backups tab, right-click the tasks you wish to suspend, and click Disable.

I'm also on 4601 (Win7 Pro 64-bit), and the option to 'Disable' does also does _not_ appear - just 'Edit' and 'Delete'
SantaFeBill
SantaFeBill
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
SantaFeBill - 9 January 2020 12:10 AM

jphughan - 24 December 2019 8:22 AM

I'm also on 4601 (Win7 Pro 64-bit), and the option to 'Disable' does also does _not_ appear - just 'Edit' and 'Delete'

I found the trick to get the 'Disable' option.
Don't click on the .xml file name. That only gives you the 'Edit' and 'Delete' options.
Instead, click on the _type_ of backup - e.g. 'Full' that appears just below the .xml file name.
Then the drop-down menu includes the 'Disable' option.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Nice find, and that would make sense given that there are separate scheduled tasks for each backup type.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search