Trying to delete remote sync

Author
Morris
Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm trying to delete a remote sync.   When I click delete the conformation box comes up.   When I click "Confirm" nothing happens.   When I click "cancel" the delete is canceled.

How do I delete the scheduled synchronizations?

Thank you,

Morris
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Morris - 2 December 2019 4:30 AM
I'm trying to delete a remote sync.   When I click delete the conformation box comes up.   When I click "Confirm" nothing happens.   When I click "cancel" the delete is canceled.

How do I delete the scheduled synchronizations?

Thank you,

Morris

Hi Morris,

Unfortunately, it looks like there's a bug in the current release of Site Manager around deleting remote sync configurations - we're investigating and will put a fix in the next release which should arrive before Christmas. Until that arrives, the manual procedure for removing a sync is:
  1. Stop the Macrium Remote Management Service 
  2. Navigate to c:\programdata\macrium\sitemanager
  3. Take a backup copy of syncs.xml and repositories.xml
  4. Edit repositories.xml in a text editor
  5. Locate the appropriate repository by looking for the right <name> or <path> entry
  6. There should be an entry like <syncid>{85896B38-FDA7-4BBD-81A5-E2BFF60C5FD7}</syncid> - delete this
  7. Save the file
  8. (Optional) Edit syncs.xml and delete the entire sync entry you want to get rid of
  9. Restart the Macrium Remote Management Service

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Morris
Morris
Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you Alex,

Resolved.

I also cleaned up the synchronised backups and got rid of the syncid files.

Have a great day!

Morris
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search