preparing to upgrade system disk to new version of windows 10

Author
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I remember somebody else talking about an (I think) ASUS motherboard here and saying that temporarily attached USB devices were in fact listed in the configurable boot order section of their BIOS Setup, even when the motherboard was configured for UEFI mode.  So different systems do seem to behave differently in this respect.

Cellist
Cellist
Junior Member (61 reputation)Junior Member (61 reputation)Junior Member (61 reputation)Junior Member (61 reputation)Junior Member (61 reputation)Junior Member (61 reputation)Junior Member (61 reputation)Junior Member (61 reputation)Junior Member (61 reputation)Junior Member (61 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
jphughan - 16 November 2019 9:27 PM
I remember somebody else talking about an (I think) ASUS motherboard here and saying that temporarily attached USB devices were in fact listed in the configurable boot order section of their BIOS Setup, even when the motherboard was configured for UEFI mode.  So different systems do seem to behave differently in this respect.

I didn't get a definitve answer from Dell, Microsoft, or here. With the help of an independent consultant, I was able to boot the USB device.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search