Error after upgrade and service will not start


Author
Message
NJK-Work
NJK-Work
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Posts: 99, Visits: 330
Upgraded to latest Site Manager.  Copied over original custom certificates.  Restarted service so that it could load the new certs.  After 2-3 minutes the service finally stopped.

Tried starting service and now it does not start - just says "Starting".  I get this in the event log:

The description for Event ID 2 from source mrserver cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

SetServiceStatus() failed

I restarted the server, and I get the same problem.  The service never starts.  Just sits there at "Starting".

Any suggestion?  I have used the same custom certs since implementing this product.  I am not sure if this is the cause of the current problem.  But I have never had a problem before using these corporate signed certs.  So I am guessing it is some other problem.
Thanks
NK
Edited 15 October 2019 6:04 PM by NJK-Work
NJK-Work
NJK-Work
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Posts: 99, Visits: 330
I found the problem.  In my custom certificates backup source folder, I had the two PEM files (cert and private) along with the origin CER file used to create these two.  I mistakenly copied cert.cer and private.pem to the ProgramData directory instead of the cert.pem and private.pem files.

My fault.
Thanks
NK
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...



Merge into merge target...



Merge into a specific topic ID...




Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Messages
Mentions
Search