Not Connected since 7.2.4479

Author
PeterSt
Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Dear people,

To me it looks like you created new means to enumerate devices in the network. So without asking or doing anything, now more show than previously. Good for extra licenses of course. Tongue
What is not so good is that with that, in this network two PC's won't connect any more. They have been for months. but now they fail.
With the all still pertained data in the config file/program, from the disconnected PC it now says "reject" when I Retest the connection. When I use the IP (iIPv4) it tests OK. But to no avail for the connection. PC has been rebooted (the one running Site Manager as well as the subject).

Then ...

Or I am crazy, or the Agent software really has disappeared from the RAM-OS PC. A good reason not to connect any more ?
It all feels a bit messy now. Hehe

Kind regards,
Peter
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)
Group: Moderators
PeterSt - 8 October 2019 2:59 PM
Dear people,

To me it looks like you created new means to enumerate devices in the network. So without asking or doing anything, now more show than previously. Good for extra licenses of course. Tongue
What is not so good is that with that, in this network two PC's won't connect any more. They have been for months. but now they fail.
With the all still pertained data in the config file/program, from the disconnected PC it now says "reject" when I Retest the connection. When I use the IP (iIPv4) it tests OK. But to no avail for the connection. PC has been rebooted (the one running Site Manager as well as the subject).

Then ...

Or I am crazy, or the Agent software really has disappeared from the RAM-OS PC. A good reason not to connect any more ?
It all feels a bit messy now. Hehe

Kind regards,
Peter

Hi Peter,

We have not changed the agent communication code or the network enumeration code since 7.2.4314 was release in late May, so I'm not sure what's causing this. 
There is an outstanding issue (introduced in the May release) that the Site Manager connection test tool will not function correctly if the Site Manager Agent is running and connected to the server you are testing. This will be fixed next release.

It has been observed that in some odd cases, the Agent upgrade can result in the Agent being uninstalled if there are problems with the service configuration (Windows installer encounters an issue upgrading the Agent, then tries to roll back and fails and as a result decides to uninstall everything). We're investigating these cases to try to determine a fix, but as it appears to be quite unusual and in the depths of the Windows MSI installer, this is quite difficult. If you have any computers where the Agent appears uninstalled after upgrade, you can manually reinstall the Agent or use the Remote Installation feature in the computers page.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

PeterSt
PeterSt
Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)
Hi Alex - Thank you for your answers.

FYI:

We have not changed the agent communication code or the network enumeration code since 7.2.4314 was release in late May

I kind of continuously update because of the annoying "upgrade available" each 60 minutes. But right after this upgrade (two days ago IIRC) this happened.

Regards,
Peter
PeterSt
PeterSt
All right ... The "not connected" status sprung purely from the fact that on both PC's (the HA5 is a server) the Agent had disappeared (got uninstalled).

Btw, I really like the the way this all "communicates". I envision it must be quite complicated. Hats off !

Again a FYI :

This is that server;
I reinstalled the Agent manually and after that it picked up a deferred backup. But it also tells "reboot required" which I planned for tomorrow and thus did not apply yet. Still it (automatically) commenced with the backup.

Thank you Alex,
Kind regards,
Peter
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)
Group: Moderators
PeterSt - 8 October 2019 11:38 PM
All right ... The "not connected" status sprung purely from the fact that on both PC's (the HA5 is a server) the Agent had disappeared (got uninstalled).

Btw, I really like the the way this all "communicates". I envision it must be quite complicated. Hats off !

Again a FYI :

This is that server;
I reinstalled the Agent manually and after that it picked up a deferred backup. But it also tells "reboot required" which I planned for tomorrow and thus did not apply yet. Still it (automatically) commenced with the backup.

Thank you Alex,
Kind regards,
Peter

Hi,

When an Agent's status is listed as 'Reboot Required' this means that the CBT driver on the Agent has been updated. Backups can still happen on that Agent, they just won't use CBT until the Agent computer has been rebooted. This means incremental backups may take longer.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...