Notification email issue with v7.2.4440

Author
ScottWagert
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We observe a change in the SMTP headers in the notification emails produced in v7.2.4440 which omits the 'Date:' field..
The effect of the omission is that the 'sent date' used in some email client apps (we first noticed this in the Gmail app) defaults to 12/31/1969... or displayed as 'None' in Outlook.  This in turn causes the inbox sort by date to cause these emails to be pushed to the bottom of the inbox views.

Here's a snippet of SMTP headers from V7.2.4433.. which includes the date field (i've edited some of the identity info to protect the innocent!)
To: xxxxx@yyyy.net,
xxxx@yahoo.com
Subject: =?utf-8?Q?FPC=20Office=20Machine=20-=20Macrium=20Backup=20-=20Success?=
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="8fde1486-7f0d-4133-8b1c-c19ab198e505"
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 19:06:09 -0500

and a snippet from headers from V7.2.4440 .. notice the lack of "Date:" field (not sure why cc: and bcc were included since there's no way to provide any cc or bcc recipients.. but obviously doesn't hurt) .. also, I'm not sure if there is any detrimental effect to not including the MIME-Version field in these headers.
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
    boundary="_d64505a1-4355-4c8b-a426-3b2002a7ac12_"

Subject: FPC Office Machine - Macrium Backup - Success
To: xxxx@yyyyy.net, xxxxxxx@yahoo.com
CC:
BCC:

In Outlook, most folks use the 'Received' (into the pop3 mailbox) to sort the inbox, but you can see the effect of the missing 'Date' field in the 'Sent' field I added to my view..  and you can see the change which occurred for notifications after I upgraded to V7.2.4440

We originally thought the emails weren't being sent until we hunted thru the inbox and found them at the bottom of the view with the 12/31/1969 date.

Thanks
Scott

Chris
Chris
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (284 reputation)Macrium Representative (284 reputation)Macrium Representative (284 reputation)Macrium Representative (284 reputation)Macrium Representative (284 reputation)Macrium Representative (284 reputation)Macrium Representative (284 reputation)Macrium Representative (284 reputation)Macrium Representative (284 reputation)Macrium Representative (284 reputation)
Group: Moderators
ScottWagert - 20 September 2019 2:40 AM
We observe a change in the SMTP headers in the notification emails produced in v7.2.4440 which omits the 'Date:' field..
The effect of the omission is that the 'sent date' used in some email client apps (we first noticed this in the Gmail app) defaults to 12/31/1969... or displayed as 'None' in Outlook.  This in turn causes the inbox sort by date to cause these emails to be pushed to the bottom of the inbox views.

Here's a snippet of SMTP headers from V7.2.4433.. which includes the date field (i've edited some of the identity info to protect the innocent!)
To: xxxxx@yyyy.net,
xxxx@yahoo.com
Subject: =?utf-8?Q?FPC=20Office=20Machine=20-=20Macrium=20Backup=20-=20Success?=
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="8fde1486-7f0d-4133-8b1c-c19ab198e505"
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 19:06:09 -0500

and a snippet from headers from V7.2.4440 .. notice the lack of "Date:" field (not sure why cc: and bcc were included since there's no way to provide any cc or bcc recipients.. but obviously doesn't hurt) .. also, I'm not sure if there is any detrimental effect to not including the MIME-Version field in these headers.
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
    boundary="_d64505a1-4355-4c8b-a426-3b2002a7ac12_"

Subject: FPC Office Machine - Macrium Backup - Success
To: xxxx@yyyyy.net, xxxxxxx@yahoo.com
CC:
BCC:

In Outlook, most folks use the 'Received' (into the pop3 mailbox) to sort the inbox, but you can see the effect of the missing 'Date' field in the 'Sent' field I added to my view..  and you can see the change which occurred for notifications after I upgraded to V7.2.4440

We originally thought the emails weren't being sent until we hunted thru the inbox and found them at the bottom of the view with the 12/31/1969 date.

Thanks
Scott

Hi @ScottWagert

Thanks for posting and bringing this to our attention. We will investigate this issue and apply a fix in a future patch.

Many thanks and kind regards.

--
Chris Bamford
Macrium Reflect Development & Support
KnowledgeBase: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/
YouTube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Macrium

Next Webinar

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...