Recipient Lists - Multiple email addresses not working

Author
Caledon Ken
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a licensed version of software and use the email notifications for backup status. 

On one machine I want to send an email to two people. I type the first address, end it with a semi-colon, insert a space (as per knowledge base graphic), and enter the second address.

The first person gets the email, the second does not as something is adding an equal sign ( = ) in front of the address.

so the addresses look like this to my mail system

first@mail.com
=second@mail.com

I also use Outlook 365 and separating addresses with the semi-colon is also used and works in this app with my mail hosting. 

I should add, this definition has been in place for months without issues. I updated to 7.2.4440 in last few days.

Is there a way to determine what is being passed from Macrium to my mail system. My mail system is hosted on my own domain so not gmail or outlook.com or yahoo
Edited 9 September 2019 5:49 PM by Caledon Ken
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
For what it's worth, I don't use spaces after the semicolon and my multi-recipient emails are working.  I remember a thread where somebody found that a conventional notation for including a display name with the email address that used to work broke in 7.2.4440, and Macrium said that a fix for that would be forthcoming, so maybe whatever broke that also did something that affected your setup.  But if you haven't already, try just removing the space.  As a last resort, you could try editing the definition file directly.  Open the XML file in something like Notepad and search for "<email>".  In that section of the XML file you'll see separate sections for the different job outcomes, and each of those will have a "<recipients>" line that you can customize.  Again, looking at my own XML files, I see semicolons with no spaces after them.

Caledon Ken
Caledon Ken
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)Advanced Member (434 reputation)
Thanks. Remove space and it worked. 

Is there a route I should go through to report a problem. Either documentation needs updating or program needs fixing.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
If you don't see a post from Macrium here, you could submit a support ticket as a bug report or enhancement request.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Caledon Ken - 9 September 2019 11:45 PM
Thanks. Remove space and it worked. 

Is there a route I should go through to report a problem. Either documentation needs updating or program needs fixing.

Thanks for posting. Sorry you have had this problem. The issue has been resolved and a fix will be in the next update. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

ScottWagert
ScottWagert
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
*** oops.. i see somebody posted something similar about this above ***

Just as an aside...
The format for specifying multiple recipients changed between V6 and V7
In v6, the format required included a space.. in V7, the space must not be provided

ie.,
blah@foo.com; yuk@overthere.net      works for V6, not V7 (note the 'space' between ; and yuk)
blah@foo.com;yuk@overthere.net       doesn't work in V6, works in V7 .. (also as noted doesn't match the documentation)

that was driving me bonkers, since support both v6 and v7 installations (until i figured out things changed between v6 and v7)

I don't know if there are any issues in migrating from v6 to v7, and using a V6 backup xml file in v7.. since i've never migrated any installations.

Scott
Edited 19 September 2019 10:39 PM by ScottWagert
Caledon Ken
Caledon Ken
Advanced Member
The space was working in V7 and I was using. The need to remove space has been noted by Macrium and will be resolved in next patch according to Nick. 
Caledon Ken
Caledon Ken
Advanced Member
@Nick

I did not see this item listed as a fix in new patch. On September 11th you mentioned it would be.

Would you know if it has been fixed.

One last question... where on web site are the release notes kept?

Thanks
Edited 23 September 2019 3:58 PM by Caledon Ken
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
@Caledon Ken I just tested the 4473 release.  Having a space after the semicolon with multiple recipients still allows the email to be sent to all recipients.  So it appears to be fixed even though that issue wasn't explicitly mentioned in the release notes.

Release notes are here.  If you want to bookmark that link, bookmark the link that I've put there, NOT the link that will be in your address bar when you land on the page, since the initial link gets redirected to the release notes of the current release at any given time.  That link can also be found at the top of the "Installing Macrium Reflect" KB article here.

Edited 23 September 2019 4:04 PM by jphughan
Caledon Ken
Caledon Ken
Advanced Member
Thanks. 

Should have been mentioned in release notes. Thanks for testing. Hope Nick responds.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search