Macrium viBoot v6.0.773 is available now

Author
Saul
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)Macrium Representative (61 reputation)
Group: Moderators

Macrium viBoot v6.0.773 is available to download now:
http://www.macrium.com/viboot.aspx

Release Notes http://updates.macrium.com/viboot/v6.0/release_notes.html

New Features
  • Implemented Virtual Machine creation in WMI version 1.0. viBoot now supports Hyper-V running on Windows Server 2008 and above.
  • Improved the Virtual Machine creation user interface and added a step by step report of the creation process.
Known Issues
  • An issue has been reported where viBoot uses 100% of the CPU when the Virtual Machine repository is stored on a hard disk connected to a SATA controller configured in compatibility (IDE) mode on some motherboards. Configuring the SATA controller to run in native (SATA, AHCI, RAID) mode fixes this issue.

Kind Regards

Saul

Macrium Marketing

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Edited 29 July 2015 12:17 PM by Saul
Sanya IV Litvyak
Sanya IV Litvyak
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is this version supposed to work on Windows 10 10240? Because it isn't working for me, same message as with the previous version "Macrium viBoot requires a minimum client operating system of Windows 8.1" I have Windows 10 Pro 10240
Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Sanya IV Litvyak

Thanks for posting. 

viBoot does indeed work with windows 10. Please can you update to the latest version which can be found here.

http://updates.macrium.com/viboot/v6.0/release_notes.html

You can find out which version you have installed by taking "Help -> About"

Kind Regards

Stephen

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Sanya IV Litvyak
Sanya IV Litvyak
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Stephen - 31 July 2015 10:04 AM
Hi Sanya IV Litvyak

Thanks for posting. 

viBoot does indeed work with windows 10. Please can you update to the latest version which can be found here.

http://updates.macrium.com/viboot/v6.0/release_notes.html

You can find out which version you have installed by taking "Help -> About"

Hi Stephen,

That's what I did but I was still presented with the same window, I now tried uninstalling viBoot and installing the latest version directly without updating from a previous version and now it works, it seems as if updating from a version that doesn't work on Windows 10 doesn't fix the issue, you need to uninstall that first and then install the latest version.

Regards,
Sanya IV Litvyak
Sanya IV Litvyak
Sanya IV Litvyak
Actually nevermind, stopped working again... viboot.log is empty.. =/

http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/bce9cb42-6e7d-4023-a16a-ce1a.png
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)
Hi 

Thanks for getting back. Can you confirm that the issue persists after rebooting?

Kind Regards

Nick

Macrium Support

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Anonymous
Anonymous

Nick - 1 August 2015 3:58 PM
Hi 

Thanks for getting back. Can you confirm that the issue persists after rebooting?

Hi,

I can confirm that the issue persists after rebooting and in fact only manifested after rebooting.

Timeline:
1. Uninstall previous viBoot
2. Install viBoot 773(?) (latest)
3. Run viBoot <- Launched fine
4. Reboot
5. Run viBoot <- Error message
6. Repeating 4 & 5 doesn't change the result.
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (5.2K reputation)
Thanks for that . We are investigating.

Kind Regards

Nick

Macrium Support

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Hi 

Apologies for the confusion. 

Can you please ensure that you launch viBoot from the installed Desktop short-cut or directly from Windows Explorer.  We will issue an update shortly to enable launching from the Start menu. 

Kind Regards

Nick

Macrium Support

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Anonymous
Anonymous

Nick - 1 August 2015 5:40 PM
Hi 

Apologies for the confusion. 

Can you please ensure that you launch viBoot from the installed Desktop short-cut or directly from Windows Explorer.  We will issue an update shortly to enable launching from the Start menu. 

Hi,

I like my desktop clean so I removed the shortcut, it is however true that I used that to launch viboot the first time before the reboot and then start-menu after the reboot. Launching C:\Program Files\Macrium\Macrium viBoot\viBoot.exe directly from windows explorer works. Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search