Site Manager on W8.1 and connection from other PC

Author
PeterSt
Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

Hi,

I installed Site Manager on a W8.1 PC. I was notable to configure backups via Site Manager for this PC itself, however, afteradding the Agent for that PC (itself), the normal Macrium backup icon appearedand I could configure / schedule backups through *that*. Please notice thatthese were my first steps with Site Manager and although I have somewhat moreexperience with the backup software itself, with Site Manager I may wonderwhether I do or did things correctly.
So far so good for this "PC itself".

The environment currently is not in a domain.I feel this could be related to the following issue.

A next PC can be added to the list. I could*not* add the Agent for it. However, I could do that locally on that PC via theprovided MSI installer (I will name this PC HA12 for further reference). Theconnection was tested OK as per the guide.
In Site Manager it remains disconnected ...

When I fire up the to HA12 added "ReflectAgent" icon, in order to schedule a backup from there (as I kind ofmangled with the Site Manager PC itself), I receive the notice "Thiscomputer is unlicensed". Server : not set. NetBIOS : [name] (which iscorrect).
Sufficient licenses are present(Workstation-X10) obtained via MAL licenses.

HA12 is and remains unconnected and the messageabout "no license" should be about the Macrium Agent License notbeing able to be passed on by the Site Manager PC.

I am aware that settings like these exist :

but things stop a bit for me when the connection from the point of view of HA12 are tested OK but still won't work.

WMI (Firewall) is enabled on both the Site Manager PC and HA12.

It wouldn't be so that Site Manager can only run on a server OS ?
Or, can this work without Domain Controller to begin with ?

The both PC's can normally interact with each other, like with RDC or transferring files.

Thanks a lot for answers,
Peter

PeterSt
PeterSt
Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Just a quick note that by means of other PC's, I slowly proceed with this. IOW, no need to respond (yet).
Thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search