Suggestion to add "Event" in frequency schedule (such as weekly)

Author
maw62
Talented Member
Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Say I want to have Macrium run once a week, at first start only , then I think there is no such option.
Suggestion to add something select :
(O) Start Time
or
(O) Event

Thanks
=

http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/c245816a-d2c4-4bb6-8e68-ffe1.png

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
You do understand, of course, that Windows task scheduling isn't restricted to only those possibilities that are currently included in Reflect's pre-built templates.  If the Windows Task Scheduler provides the desired triggers you can use them in whatever way you wish for your own "customised" job scheduling unless and until Macrium decides to add more templates.  Frankly, I think they've already got about as many as would be wise before reaching the total confusion level, but that's just the opinion of one incurable old simpleton.  Doze

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

maw62
maw62
Talented Member
Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)Talented Member (168 reputation)
Am a newbie here.
Well, the idea behind this is that after switching on the pc and walking away the task should run , e.g. once a week.
This whilst running Windows only. When I return the task has finished.

Thtat said, I haven't tried it out yet, but say I would set the start time at for example 03:00 and say the pc is started at 06:00, i.e. it has missed the 03:00 start time.
Will it then run in accordance to 'If missed then run at next startup' ?

-
Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
The short answer is that the task scheduler should do whatever you tell it to do and usually will if nothing else interferes.  More broadly, a Windows task scheduler setup discussion could take up an entire forum of its own.  The MSDN article on the subject is quite comprehensive but may be more than you're prepared to digest. I'd suggest doing an internet search on "windows task scheduler" to find something more in line with your own particular interest and experience.

If all you want is a simple weekly full backup, see my replies at http://forum.macrium.com/Topic100.aspx

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 1 March 2015 4:54 PM by Arvy
maw62
maw62
Talented Member
Thank you!
It is all clear.
Frankly, I initially did not realize that Windows' task scheduler was being used.
Anyway, hopefully MS will add this option one day.
Thanks again.
-

Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/f6e041cb-8259-4919-82ae-1d4d.jpg
This option in Reflect should trigger the same option in Windows Task Scheduler...

maw62
maw62
Talented Member
Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply.
Up front: to be honest, I haven't tried it.
This is because my understanding is that  (given your example)  when I reboot, it will trigger this and start the backup.

Example:
- I missed the 05:00
- I install a program, say 09:00, and reboot
- Then.. it  -may-  trigger the backup, which on that moment is not wanted.

However, again, I don't know, can't find any documentation about this on Internet.

-

Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
If you missed the 0500 hrs backup because your computer was off, in theory when you turned the computer on around 0900 hrs the backup would start immediately on boot - not after you install a program and reboot.  And it sounds like this is what you want - for a missed backup to start on next boot?

The only other reason I can think of you'd miss the 0500 hrs backup is because you cancelled it.  In this case my assumption would be that it would no longer be considered a "missed backup" and therefore wouldn't trigger when you rebooted after installing something at 0900 hrs.  I've never tested this feature, but it's how it SHOULD run.  If it didn't I'd certainly report it to Macrium as a problem.

maw62
maw62
Talented Member
Many thanks.
I'll give it a try one of these day.

=
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore