Wimmount.sys Image Path

Author
Keith Weisshar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Why isn't the original wimmount.sys image registry settings restored to the original settings when I uninstall Macrium Reflect.  The wimmount.sys image path still points to the Macrium folder even when Macrium is uninstalled and I can't use dism to mount the .wim files as the driver path isn't in the original system32\drivers location.  I can only reset the driver image path by reinstalling Windows.  The first screenshot is the current state of winmount settings even after uninstalling Macrum Reflect and the second screenshot is the original settings on clean install of Windows 10 or booting from Windows 10 installation media and pressing Shift-F10 and running regedit.  I used Shift-F10 after booting the install media in VirtualBox to show the original settings.  This setting gets copied to the system during Windows 10 installation.  The wimmount.sys registry settings are modified during creation of the rescue media but isn't restored when I uninstall Macrium Reflect.

Edited 29 March 2019 5:32 PM by Keith Weisshar
Andrew
Andrew
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Keith,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A fix for this issue will be released in a future update to Reflect.

Kind regards,
Andrew - Macrium Support

Kind Regards

Andrew

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Keith Weisshar
Keith Weisshar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)Advanced Member (455 reputation)
Which build is the fix included?
Andrew
Andrew
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)Macrium Representative (153 reputation)
Hi Keith,

It's not fixed in the most recent version that was just released (7.2.4156), but the fix will be in the next release of Reflect.

Kind regards,
Andrew - Macrium Support

Kind Regards

Andrew

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Keith Weisshar
Keith Weisshar
Advanced Member
v7.2.4156 was recently pulled due to a CBT bug.
JamieW
JamieW
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)
Keith Weisshar - 11 April 2019 11:44 PM
v7.2.4156 was recently pulled due to a CBT bug.

You are mistaken. ​​v7.2.4156 is the current release version and has not, nor has ever been "pulled".

Kind Regards,
Macrium Support​​​

Kind Regards

Jamie

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)
Well if 4156 wasn’t deliberately pulled, somehow or other it’s still gone. When I click the link to view the V7 release notes, the version at the top of the list is now the previous release 4063, and when I use the Reflect download agent, that’s the version I now get.
Edited 12 April 2019 12:56 PM by jphughan
john.p
john.p
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (133 reputation)Macrium Representative (133 reputation)Macrium Representative (133 reputation)Macrium Representative (133 reputation)Macrium Representative (133 reputation)Macrium Representative (133 reputation)Macrium Representative (133 reputation)Macrium Representative (133 reputation)Macrium Representative (133 reputation)Macrium Representative (133 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi,

The release configuration was briefly reverted due to an unintended consequence of a unrelated webserver update.

Version 7.2.4156 has been re-instated.

Kind regards,
John.

Kind Regards

John

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)
Uh, yeah, that was probably my unintended fault that it made it seem like Macrium had pulled the release.  In another thread where it was brought up, I expostulated it was probably pulled out of an abundance of caution.  Sorry.  Smile

Edited 12 April 2019 7:25 PM by dbminter
Keith Weisshar
Keith Weisshar
Advanced Member
Andrew, can you send me an .reg file to restore the original wimmount.sys registry settings?
Edited 17 May 2019 11:55 AM by Keith Weisshar
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search